"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

Maybe a ship or two will get voted off the dance floor.

You have been fairly vocal (and I have chimed in my agreement after a time as well) about the relative overcrowding in the Caribbean that Carnival has with ships there. I just don't see them retiring the Fantasy though......

Agreed - it's way too early to retire her at least before the launch of Vista in 2016.

Although all that being said, if all things were equal, they would probably jump at a real opportunity to sell a Fantasy class ship or ships.

Although all that being said, if all things were equal, they would probably jump at a real opportunity to sell a Fantasy class ship or ships.

If I had money to bet I would bet that a couple ships are on borrowed time right now. lol. exp with vista coming in 2016 then her sister coming in 2018. I just wish they would hurry up and release the remaining schedules. I am looking for the rest of April and May 2016. I love carnival but they are the slowest when it comes to releasing new schedules. lol

The best possible answer would be a Canada/NE 8 or 9 day cruise from Baltimore. Too bad it'd have to be on a Spirit-class ship; not enough interesting 1a cabins to suit me. Although a 5-day Canada/NE cruise on the Sunshine from NY or Boston as late in the year as possible would be great, too.

If I had money to bet I would bet that a couple ships are on borrowed time right now. lol. exp with vista coming in 2016 then her sister coming in 2018. I just wish they would hurry up and release the remaining schedules. I am looking for the rest of April and May 2016. I love carnival but they are the slowest when it comes to releasing new schedules. lol

They are the slowest but strangely this year they are "ahead of schedule". For the life of me, when the schedule comes out, I cannot figure out what the reason for the delay was.

They are the slowest but strangely this year they are "ahead of schedule". For the life of me, when the schedule comes out, I cannot figure out what the reason for the delay was.

Carnival has always been known to announce an impending announcement, only to delay said announcement, sometimes several times, before they finally make the announcement, usually underwhelming the masses who were breathlessly waiting for months. ;):)

Carnival has always been known to announce an impending announcement, only to delay said announcement, sometimes several times, before they finally make the announcement, usually underwhelming the masses who were breathlessly waiting for months. ;):)

And usually the announcement is BS...:eek:

I hope SOME ship ends up seasonally in Norfolk beyond the usual small number of sailings in May & October.

Sunshine would be my top choice. We probably aren't big enough to get a newer, larger ship. But Sunshine would fit well here!

I wish they did the 2 night Nowhere cruises from Friday to Sunday, and they made boarding end at 7, muster at 7:30, for an 8pm departure. It'll be much easier for families with kids in school or people who work. How much clearance would they need before a nowhere cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they come out with the next grouping of new ship port schedules this coming week. I am hoping that Long Beach gets something other than the the Miracle for the 7 day cruises. I liked the Miracle, but would like to try a different ship if possible. But I guess we will just have to bide our time and see what happens. :)

I am hoping that Long Beach gets something other than the the Miracle for the 7 day cruises. I liked the Miracle, but would like to try a different ship if possible. But I guess we will just have to bide our time and see what happens.

Now that Carnival will be using a Fantasy class ship on the 7 night Southern Caribbean run out of San Juan, I don't think that it's far fetched to think that Carnival could take one of the two Fantasy class ships already on the west coast and use it on the 7 night Mexican Riviera run. That was my initial feeling when the Imagination and Inspiration went Long Beach to sail identical itineraries.

I personally think that it's a bad move to let a Fantasy Class ships do the 7 days runs out of San Juan. How are they going to compete with Adventure & Jewel of the Seas, Norwegian Gem and Celebrity Summit. I guess the prices will be historically low out of San Juan for Carnival!!

I personally think that it's a bad move to let a Fantasy Class ships do the 7 days runs out of San Juan. How are they going to compete with Adventure & Jewel of the Seas, Norwegian Gem and Celebrity Summit. I guess the prices will be historically low out of San Juan for Carnival!!

Agreed! And the way the water can be down there (i did this itinerary two years ago) would be really felt strongly on board a Fantasy class ship. It was already pretty strong on a Conquest line!!

But then again, I hardly even remember the Valor due to so little time being spent on the ship with such a port intensive itinerary.

Sorry, but we like 'em! [emoji39]

More and more are going other places. RCI announced that a second Quantum class ship will be going to China (two there and one here). Add to that two Oasis class ships in Europe and one can draw their own conclusions as to who is second fiddle (or lower:confused:).

Now that Carnival will be using a Fantasy class ship on the 7 night Southern Caribbean run out of San Juan, I don't think that it's far fetched to think that Carnival could take one of the two Fantasy class ships already on the west coast and use it on the 7 night Mexican Riviera run. That was my initial feeling when the Imagination and Inspiration went Long Beach to sail identical itineraries.

I have always felt that having two fantasy class ships on the west coast do smaller itin's was not the best plan of attack.

More and more are going other places. RCI announced that a second Quantum class ship will be going to China (two there and one here). Add to that two Oasis class ships in Europe and one can draw their own conclusions as to who is second fiddle (or lower:confused:).
RCI just announced they would have all three Oasis class in the US (Oasis from PC, Allure & Harmony from FLL), plus Anthem is still sailing from Bayonne. With the number of cruise options you guys have, I'd hardly call you second fiddle. [emoji19]

RCI just announced they would have all three Oasis class in the US (Oasis from PC, Allure & Harmony from FLL), plus Anthem is still sailing from Bayonne. With the number of cruise options you guys have, I'd hardly call you second fiddle. [emoji19]

LOL, it is what it is. I thought that Oasis and Allure (or is it HOTS?) were going to be over in the med "in-season...but I maybe wrong on that (they do have a lot of new ships....or the investor's do). Are not Oasis limited to no tender ports as well (again I don't know)?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but if I did, I might feel somewhat maligned (especially in the Northeast) having first gotten QOTS only to alter have it yanked and replaced with FOTS. I know eventually AOTS will replace QOTS, but who knows if that will stay true.

The point of mentioning all of it is the dancing of ships seems to be the norm, not the exception. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So since the week of April 6 is coming near, anyone have any ideas of what will happen in this next round of "dancing of the ships"? Hoping West Coast gets something different. I feel Splendor might be coming back since Sunshine will be taking over for her in NYC and rumors have it Tampa is getting something new? Anyone have any ideas of what's going to happen?

So since the week of April 6 is coming near, anyone have any ideas of what will happen in this next round of "dancing of the ships"? Hoping West Coast gets something different. I feel Splendor might be coming back since Sunshine will be taking over for her in NYC and rumors have it Tampa is getting something new? Anyone have any ideas of what's going to happen?

Tampa is pretty much a guarantee for news now- I'm pretty sure Captain Carnival - who works for the Port of Tampa - confirmed it.

Tampa is pretty much a guarantee for news now- I'm pretty sure Captain Carnival - who works for the Port of Tampa - confirmed it.

That's what I read! I wish he could tell us already, I want to know already! I kinda feel Miracle might be sent to Tampa (kinda hope it does) because that might open up the possibility for a different ship to come to the West Coast! I'm very excited for Tampa, it'll most likely probably be a Spirit class ship; lets see what Carnival decides to send to Tampa. The suspense is killing me!! I want to know already, LOL!

Edited by Alexv500