"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

Still waiting on Fantasy, Ecstasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Victory, Splendor, and Miracle

So does this mean that Glory isn't being affected by this at all? I have a cruise booked on the Glory in Nov of 2016, and I was getting worried that the itinerary would be changed. I don't really care what ship I'm on, but I want a specific itinerary and I need a specific date for the cruise.

Only cruise out of Long Beach in the future so far will be a 7 day on the Miracle to the MR. I haven't taken that cruise yet, so I would probably book it in the future, but wonder if they're getting rid of their Hawaii cruises other than the one way trips on the Legend. I wouldn't mind the one way trip except the times of the year don't work very well for me.

Other than the Miracle thru Oct. 2016, I'm not sure what Long Beach has in store for it. Just have to wait to see if there are any other changes for late 2016 and early 2017 if any.

Hopefully might be sailing on Miracle next March. Want to sail on her before she leaves in late 2016

THis happened to us, We were booked on the Dream and with exactly one year out, I received a call from my travel agent stating that our cruise was canceled. Carnival actually just swapped ships to the Sunshine. Kept our same room category and the same price. We were very happy.

Spoke with the travel agency and they did not even know anything was happening yet! They put me on hold, called Carnival and found out that yes, we are now on the Sensation and yes, we will still get a balcony like we have booked. But apparently, as of now, it's a guarantee and we don't have anything assigned yet. The cruise is still not available on the website. Price will be the same though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. The Sensation is an older ship, I'm sure the room will be smaller and what are the balconies like?? I know they stick out from the side of the ship.

Yeah stop delaying and just announce. Please.

Geesh it's so frustrating isn't it! I got the answers I wanted with Port Canaveral news, but I feel for West Coast and Tampa folks who are stillll waiting! On the bright side, there's only 3 more days in the week. Maybe this dance will be over by Friday!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Geesh it's so frustrating isn't it! I got the answers I wanted with Port Canaveral news, but I feel for West Coast and Tampa folks who are stillll waiting! On the bright side, there's only 3 more days in the week. Maybe this dance will be over by Friday!

It is, still anxiously awaiting for west coast news! I'm hoping the next round of dancing of the ships will be news for west coast and Tampa. Carnival probably just wanted to release most of the Florida ports repositioning. Now all they need to work on is what's going to: Tampa, Long Beach, and San Juan.

I second that, bring Miracle to Tampa! :D

Thank you. I don't care about the 2.0. Just want something more than Fantasy class here like it used to be, when we had Legend and Inspiration year round.

Thanks for your supportive words. I appreciate from here in St. Pete.

Yep the West coast and Tampa folks still have no definite answers. I will say if Miracle comes here or even another Fantasy class ship, I will be not only surprised but thankful. Seems like Carnival has it's focus in other regions. Hope I am wrong.

Not sure from what I have heard that any more news will be released by the end of the week regarding this. This may go on through a big part of the Spring.

Anyway, great news regarding Pt. Canaveral and the new ships there. Only about 3 hour drive for me each way to PC.

Prob so..... Or maybe carnival will get their 2 spirit class ships? Lol

That is interesting. I wonder if that's ever happened before? Carnival takes Costa ships? As far as I can recall, it's always been Costa that takes Carnival older ships (or some other line). This may be a way for Carnival to retire the Fantasy class quickly, although I'm not sure if they really want to do that. They're still sailing full in most ports. Losing out on the revenue potential for upcharge restaurants, though.

That is interesting. I wonder if that's ever happened before? Carnival takes Costa ships? As far as I can recall, it's always been Costa that takes Carnival older ships (or some other line). This may be a way for Carnival to retire the Fantasy class quickly, although I'm not sure if they really want to do that. They're still sailing full in most ports. Losing out on the revenue potential for upcharge restaurants, though.

Actually the Splendor was taken from Costa by Carnival during her build process and was supposed to be a Concordia class ship.

Actually the Splendor was taken from Costa by Carnival during her build process and was supposed to be a Concordia class ship.

Actually all that I have heard and read, is that Splendor was supposed to be the Concordia, the actual ship. Costa didn't want to take delivery so parent company Carnival accepted delivery as Splendor.

Actually all that I have heard and read, is that Splendor was supposed to be the Concordia, the actual ship. Costa didn't want to take delivery so parent company Carnival accepted delivery as Splendor.

Concordia was built before splendor. Splendor was just going to be a sister to her.