Deck 2, 7, or 8 on the Fantasy??

mividajp

We have the option of booking an ocean view unobstructed on deck 2 or an obstructed Ocean view on deck 7 or 8. I like the deck 2 midship but it's right underneath the woman's bathroom and Bon Voyage desk on deck 3. Has anyone had a room on deck 2? Do you hear a lot of noise from deck 3? I'm mostly worried about hearing the toilet flushing in the woman's bathroom or if there's a character party going on in the atrium area do you hear the bass thumping from music? Thanks!!:)

We have the option of booking an ocean view unobstructed on deck 2 or an obstructed Ocean view on deck 7 or 8. I like the deck 2 midship but it's right underneath the woman's bathroom and Bon Voyage desk on deck 3. Has anyone had a room on deck 2? Do you hear a lot of noise from deck 3? I'm mostly worried about hearing the toilet flushing in the woman's bathroom or if there's a character party going on in the atrium area do you hear the bass thumping from music? Thanks!!:)

I was on deck 2 midship on the Fantasy. Great location, very convenient. I don't know what the Bon Voyage desk is, but we didn't have any noise issues. We've never seen an atrium party with loud music except when a deck party had to be moved inside due to weather. The normal atrium gatherings are not loud. At least they didn't bother us at all. Also, with the exception of "Till We Meet Again," none of them are late.

Are you sure that it is right under the bathroom? Not a little off to the side or whatever? I'm going to have to look at a deck plan to see what guest cabin is right under a bathroom....But again, we had no issues with a deck 2 port side room midship.

I looked--there are indeed 2 cabins right under the restrooms. Um.....Bon Voyage is a bar. Not sure you realized that.

Edited by moki'smommy

We just completed a sailing on Deck 7 inside. 7675 is tucked away a bit on the inside area. We had more noise from surrounding staterooms than we remember from past cruises on other ships, but it still wasn't bad. We've been down on Deck 2 and depending on the cabin you do get more vibration from the engine room, especially when the ship is docking. I prefer to be on deck 7 or 8 from a convenience factor. Simple trek up/down a flight of stairs to get to the action. Deck 2 generally means elevators for me.

If what you are worried about is the obstruction, they generally have quite a bit of the portal open for viewing. You won't usually miss much at all.

Thanks for the help! Moki, I did not realize Bon Voyage was a bar. I thought it was where you could book additional cruises. Thanks for that heads up. It's always been my understanding that the lower you are in the ship, the less you feel the motion of the ship. However, there were several comments on DISboards that they could really feel the motion of the ship on deck 2. For those that have stayed on deck 2 did you notice the ship movement more than when you were on the higher decks?

You book cruises at the future cruises desk. And you are right that the closer to the water line and the more midship you are, the less motion you will feel. However, forward/aft has more effect than level of deck.

No, we did not notice significant motion on deck 2....and our cabin was midship.

Thanks for the help! Moki, I did not realize Bon Voyage was a bar. I thought it was where you could book additional cruises. Thanks for that heads up. It's always been my understanding that the lower you are in the ship, the less you feel the motion of the ship. However, there were several comments on DISboards that they could really feel the motion of the ship on deck 2. For those that have stayed on deck 2 did you notice the ship movement more than when you were on the higher decks?

The best ride is at a theoretical place called the ship's metacenter. That's the point about which the ship rotates. Although every spot on the ship experiences the same rotational movement, the metacenter experiences the least linear motion. My guess is that the metacenter is below deck two so the closer to the water line and the center of the ship, the better the ride.