Independent Tour Operators?

beyond2k

We have always used independents in all the other islands. Usually one guy with a van that we had pre-arranged a tour with. I am a photographer and usually have places I would like to go to that give me time to take the photos I want. I have not been able to find such tour operators for this port.

What we want to see is a true cigar factory, not necessarily a polished mega complex like I've seen the Carnival tours offer. And the local town and other sites.

Any ideas? Thanks

We have always used independents in all the other islands. Usually one guy with a van that we had pre-arranged a tour with. I am a photographer and usually have places I would like to go to that give me time to take the photos I want. I have not been able to find such tour operators for this port.

What we want to see is a true cigar factory, not necessarily a polished mega complex like I've seen the Carnival tours offer. And the local town and other sites.

Any ideas? Thanks

Google DominicanPlus - Private transfer service but they do offer options via chat to just drive you around and you pay by the hour (maybe a 4 hour minimum). They also will pick you up at the cruise ship.

Speak to them directly on chat to get a quote for what your looking for.

We used them many times when in Punta Cana.

• 4 weeks later...

We had a wonderful local tour in Samana by a young local man called Alex Rymer at Mono Tours. 809-816-3248 email rorislamorena@hotmail.com He speaks three languages, is very accommodating and flexible and very reasonably priced. He has a very new van and great air conditioning. He went beyond the call of duty to take us to some interesting places. We drove quite a long way to Rincon Beach, mostly for a swim and for the scenery along the way, with the lagoon at one end, and a marvellous view and beach at the other end. He also took us to a local waterfall where children came out and jumped off the top into the pool below. It was nice just to see the countryside, mountains and lush vegetation along the way. We also went to his house to visit his lovely wife, son and new baby. I highly recommend him. Tell him Marilyn sent you.

• 2 months later...