Seafood tower

PIPER50

Can anyone remember if a 'Seafood Tower' is featured on any NCL menu? I am sure I noticed a reference to it recently but can't remember where. I did have a look at the menus for the speciality restaurants but can't find it. Need the information for my husband who is blind and is trying to plan what he might eat in each restaurant on our forthcoming cruise. Thanks in advance

It was mentioned being served in Le Bistro but I've never seen it.

They did have an extra charge entree, Lobster, scallops and shrimp in a herbed cream sauce in puff pastry that looked pretty decent, and even more likely with the UDP promo :p

It was mentioned being served in Le Bistro but I've never seen it.

They did have an extra charge entree, Lobster, scallops and shrimp in a herbed cream sauce in puff pastry that looked pretty decent, and even more likely with the UDP promo :p

This.

It was mentioned, but we had just been there (to Le Bistro) over the holidays, quite a few times - yum.

But neither of us had any recollection of anything with that name.

Trust us, if we had seen a "seafood tower", we would have at least tried one!

The seafood combo in sauce was good, but the pastry wasn't all that "light". I just picked out the seafood.

This was the "entree" that I used as a first course, and then had the filet as the regular entree.

(With the UDP, no upcharge on any of it, all the better.)

The "seafood tower" was previously mentioned here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2164264&highlight=seafood+tower

(see post #11 for first mention)

GeezerCouple

This.

It was mentioned, but we had just been there (to Le Bistro) over the holidays, quite a few times - yum.

But neither of us had any recollection of anything with that name.

Trust us, if we had seen a "seafood tower", we would have at least tried one!

The seafood combo in sauce was good, but the pastry wasn't all that "light". I just picked out the seafood.

This was the "entree" that I used as a first course, and then had the filet as the regular entree.

(With the UDP, no upcharge on any of it, all the better.)

The "seafood tower" was previously mentioned here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2164264&highlight=seafood+tower

(see post #11 for first mention)

GeezerCouple

We also recently ate in Le Bistro and saw nothing even close to a seafood tower on the menu. I don't know what they are referring to in those posts. Perhaps it was an old menu item that is no longer available.

185014_199167610110006_4118414_n%202_zpsaxuti1ki.jpg

This could be what was you are referring to. This was the Seafood Tower in Le Bistro on the Norwegian Dawn in 2005. I don't think they do anything like this anymore. They used to bring it out and pour a shot of Hennessey over it and light it up.

When we were on the Jewel a few years ago, they did a similar one in the restaurant that was called Tapas. But it was with meats and they didn't light it up.

Can anyone remember if a 'Seafood Tower' is featured on any NCL menu? I am sure I noticed a reference to it recently but can't remember where. I did have a look at the menus for the speciality restaurants but can't find it. Need the information for my husband who is blind and is trying to plan what he might eat in each restaurant on our forthcoming cruise. Thanks in advance

I am wondering if you are thinking of the 'seafood plateau' that is listed on the Ocean Blue Raw Bar menu. Not exactly a 'tower' but sounds as though it offers much of what you would get in a seafood tower. Could this be what you were thinking of?

I'm just wondering why being blind would affect what your husband chooses to eat? (I'm genuinely curious, and a bit mystified)

Yes, its exactly as the previous poster said! It is very tiring and time consuming reading the whole menu out to my husband each time we go out for a meal. By doing it in advance, he has a rough idea of what he might like to eat in each restaurant before we set sail. Its not set in stone and he is free to change his mind lol Just makes it a bit easier for me.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help out - knew I could rely on CC once again :)

Yes, its exactly as the previous poster said! It is very tiring and time consuming reading the whole menu out to my husband each time we go out for a meal. By doing it in advance, he has a rough idea of what he might like to eat in each restaurant before we set sail. Its not set in stone and he is free to change his mind lol Just makes it a bit easier for me.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help out - knew I could rely on CC once again :)

Thank you for helping me understand better. I sincerely appreciate it. 😸