Mediterranean Excursions

ce_cruise

Probably in the summer, but please do not waste money with Carnival trips. Join your role call and hook up with others, you get far more for your money, for example on the Amalfi Coast Carnival use big coaches, romeinlimo use little minibuses so they get you nearer to the main attractions.

For ideas on trips have a look at the port section on here.

We are very adventurous and DIY our own trips using public transport and haggling with taxi's when we get to port. Google virtual rain man on cruise critic, lots of lovely photos to drool over and lots of info. I also searched using the ships that have cruised before for example breeze med or Sunshine med and so on for great trip reports.

Probably in the summer, but please do not waste money with Carnival trips. Join your role call and hook up with others, you get far more for your money, for example on the Amalfi Coast Carnival use big coaches, romeinlimo use little minibuses so they get you nearer to the main attractions.

For ideas on trips have a look at the port section on here.

We are very adventurous and DIY our own trips using public transport and haggling with taxi's when we get to port. Google virtual rain man on cruise critic, lots of lovely photos to drool over and lots of info. I also searched using the ships that have cruised before for example breeze med or Sunshine med and so on for great trip reports.

We are mainly DIY except when time is an issue. We have had some ports where we were only there for 6 hours so we paid extra to be on the Carnival excursion. We did not want the ship to sail without us. ;) Great suggestion on searching Breeze Med.

The main excursion that I am interested in thou is FTTF.

The only port I feel I will purchase a CCL excursion in would be Izmir.

Having used RIL in Italy in 2013 and also having done Rome DIY we already we feel pretty comfortable with using RIL for Florence, DIY'ing Rome and then hopefully catching a ferry to Capri in Naples.

I have done some reading on Valletta and Rhodes and they seem to be easy to DIY as well. Marseille we will just cab to the old port and take the ferry to Chateau D'If.

Hoping to spend a couple of days in Barcelona post cruise to hit the sights we missed in 2013.

The only port I feel I will purchase a CCL excursion in would be Izmir.

I found Ephesus Shuttle and think we will use them for this excursion. They have several tour choices as well as just a shuttle service to/from the ancient site/terrace houses. It's bound to be less expensive than the cruise version.

I found Ephesus Shuttle and think we will use them for this excursion. They have several tour choices as well as just a shuttle service to/from the ancient site/terrace houses. It's bound to be less expensive than the cruise version.

Thanks for the info. I will check them out. ;)

We are mainly DIY except when time is an issue. We have had some ports where we were only there for 6 hours so we paid extra to be on the Carnival excursion. We did not want the ship to sail without us. ;) Great suggestion on searching Breeze Med.

The main excursion that I am interested in thou is FTTF.

Yes worth every penny if sailing out of Miami, not sure you will need it in BCN or if it will be available. It wasn't for the Sunshine sailing out of Venice.

Which ports are you thinking of trips with only 6 hours to spare I might be able to help?

Does anyone know how to get to Positino on your own. When I was on the Sunshine a lovely lady from Oz did it, but I couldn't find any hydro foil timetables on line. We have been to Capri and Sorrento on the Hydro foils. Top tip is to get up early to get your tickets as by 9 there are very long lines. When you get to your destination, get your return ticket there and then again to avoid the long lines.

For Turkey also try Ekol tours too, they get good reviews.

Does anyone know how to get to Positino on your own. When I was on the Sunshine a lovely lady from Oz did it, but I couldn't find any hydro foil timetables on line. We have been to Capri and Sorrento on the Hydro foils. Top tip is to get up early to get your tickets as by 9 there are very long lines. When you get to your destination, get your return ticket there and then again to avoid the long lines.

We did it through Rome in Limo, but if you get the info please post! I loved, loved, loved Positano!

This is a schedule of the ferry from Naples to Capri.

http://www.capri.com/en/ferry-schedule

The lady from Oz went to Sorrento and then had a 10 min wait to catch the hydrofoil to Positino, I saw her getting on the hydrofoil whilst getting off. I also saw her back on board later that night, so I know she made it to the ship in time.

I guess the alternative is to ask when we get there.

I also like the look of Ichnia not sure of the spelling it's a little island North of the bay of Naples. So much to do in Naples. My DS went to Pompeii with school something I have been trying to go to on our cruises, he said it would be boring, well when he went with school he loved it and says we should go, kids!