St. Maarten-Orient Bay Afternoon Beach Bash

awm

For $118 RCI will take us by bus to Orient Bay for 2 hours. All that is included is a lounge chair and rum punch.

What am I missing here? Why can't we just take our family of 4 by taxi? Orient is open to anyone, right?

A shared taxi is $7 per person each way and the beach is free. Two chairs and a umbrella was about $10. :rolleyes:

I called RCI to see if I was missing anything. There's no meal, just a chair and rum punch. Why the $118???:confused:

So basically it is $29/person and that sounds just about the mark-up for ship tours. We spent $22/person to go to Magens Bay (St Thomas) for 2 hours with the ship with no chair or rum punch

You could certainly do this yourself for a much cheaper taxi. The first time I go anywhere I normally do a ship tour so that I know that the ship will wait for us if there is a delay. The second time I go to the same island I understand the roads and distances and traffic and go under our own steam and save money.

Princess charged us $39.00 per person for the same excursion, and for twenty more per person you got a hot lunch. We enjoyed it, but you could do the same thing yourself by cab. Gorgeous beach, we didnt mind the air-conditioned bus, and was fun traveling with our group from the ship. I guess we didnt mind the security of it either, as it was our first cruise to islands we had never been to before.

Me again - we just did the 9:30-3:30 ship excursion to Marigot and Orient beach. We had a nice bus, good driver, one hour in Marigot, drink and chair at Orient and a very decent lunch in the cafe. We had to rent umbrellas ($5 each)

The beach was lovely, we had 3 hours there and for this we paid $57/person. I did not mind this at all as the timing was perfect and it was fun.

Archived