Best Old San Juan Hotels

CantWait08

We are not flying in until 10pm the night prior to our cruise. Besides the Sheraton near the port, what hotels would you recommend?

I stayed at the Sheraton precruise in October 2104. Very convenient but pricey. I had friends that sailed with me at Hotel Milano that was a few blocks away. They liked it. Its a smaller hotel but the rooftop restaurant was great to meet and have a few precruise drinks.

I have stayed at the El Convento in old S.J. Might not be worth it for one night, but if you are staying a couple of days it is great. Walking distance to shopping, drinking, dining. It's not beach front but you can take a cab to its sister property if you like. I found that much more convenient then trying to go the other way late at night.

Happy cruising.

I am looking at a hotel in OSJ post cruise in October. We have stayed in Condado area twice and would now like to try the historic district as that is our favorite part of the city. We will be there two nights. I can get a great price at Chateau Cervantes, but have seen mixed reviews. El Convento would be my first pick, but it is pricey. We would love the balconies overlooking the pretty streets in a historic building, but also require a working elevator and would like an updated room. Any suggestions?

I am looking at a hotel in OSJ post cruise in October. We have stayed in Condado area twice and would now like to try the historic district as that is our favorite part of the city. We will be there two nights. I can get a great price at Chateau Cervantes, but have seen mixed reviews. El Convento would be my first pick, but it is pricey. We would love the balconies overlooking the pretty streets in a historic building, but also require a working elevator and would like an updated room. Any suggestions?

Our desires were very similar to yours....after much research and anxiety, I kept coming back to it....so we finally gave in and booked the El Convento for our August cruise.

We visited this hotel as stops on tours. It is a bit pricey, but I know we are going to enjoy it and the area tremendously.

Edited by B-52

Our desires were very similar to yours....after much research and anxiety, I kept coming back to it....so we finally gave in and booked the El Convento for our August cruise.

We visited this hotel as stops on tours. It is a bit pricey, but I know we are going to enjoy it and the area tremendously.

You might also want to check out Villa Herencia, a small B&B across the street from El Convento. Their prices are a bit more reasonable, and you're still able to enjoy the charm and walkability of OSJ.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We just spent two pre-cruise nights at Chateau Cervantes. Great location. It's just a small boutique hotel, but the rooms were fine. DirectTV. Full size bathroom. Balcony that opened up onto the street. It's an old building, so it can be a little noisy from street traffic, but no problems late at night. The door locks can be a little tricky. The bar/restaurant in it are currently closed, but they have a nice continental breakfast in the morning. There is also an elevator. Much cheaper than the OSJ Sheraton. It is probably similar to Hotel Casablanca which does not have an elevator. It's nicer than the Milano.

We always stay in OSJ pre-cruise as we like to wander the streets and shop during the day and hit the restaurants and bar scene at night.