Proud Pride Cruisers!! (Feb 8th-Feb 15th Western Review)

Viscus

I am really enjoying your review. I have been on the Pride three times with number 4 coming up next month for the 14 day repositioning. The first three times were all on the west coast though. Hope you feel better soon.

Then this will be your first time on her after the changes. After the 2.0, she's a fantastic ship. Sad she's moving to Baltimore.

Thank you for the wonderful review! We leave on the Pride on Sunday, so your review has been getting me excited to go.

I hope you feel better soon!

I'm jealous. I almost booked the 2/22 cruise instead of the 2/8 sailing. I guess I should've booked both. ;)

Nice review Viscus! I think DW and SILs had Jorge last year or the year before on their VB tour (they went to LFK one of those times). He looked familiar. I remember the house pictures and know they went to HMB where they were "attacked" by local vendors while trying to eat lunch sending one of the SILs into ugly Americano mode. They'll be back for another VB tour in May but specifically avoiding the WestBay/West End (Been there have too many t shirts:D ) for the quieter haunts of Sandy Bay.

Can't wait for the rest. And I agree while writing a review helps relive the vacay, it can be a bit of a debbiedowner as you wrap things up.

Nice review Viscus! I think DW and SILs had Jorge last year or the year before on their VB tour (they went to LFK one of those times). He looked familiar. I remember the house pictures and know they went to HMB where they were "attacked" by local vendors while trying to eat lunch sending one of the SILs into ugly Americano mode. They'll be back for another VB tour in May but specifically avoiding the WestBay/West End (Been there have too many t shirts:D ) for the quieter haunts of Sandy Bay.

Can't wait for the rest. And I agree while writing a review helps relive the vacay, it can be a bit of a debbiedowner as you wrap things up.

I could see how the vendors could be overwhelming, but I love it. Again, some got a little forceful, but everyone behaved themselves. If you're not trying to shop, I'd stay away from the area, "No" isn't a readily accepted answer there.

Then this will be your first time on her after the changes. After the 2.0, she's a fantastic ship. Sad she's moving to Baltimore.

Thank you for a great review. We will be boarding the Pride very soon.:D

Not everyone is sad to have the Pride returning to Maryland. We just loaned her to Tampa for a short visit.;)

Great review we are leaving Sunday for a B2B. Were you on a roll call?

Also where is the Red Frog Pub?

Char :)

Yes, both on here and a facebook group. Had a meet and greet on embarkation day at 2Pm on the Lido deck.

And the Pub is on deck 2, fwd.

I am so enjoying your review. Can you tell me the name of the zoo you went to in Roatan? We have nothing planned for that day and now I'm thinking I'd like to go!

I actually cannot remember where we went as far as the name. It's not listed on Victor Bodden's website, and google is being uncooperative. I'll try to do more research and figure it out for you.

I am so enjoying your review. Can you tell me the name of the zoo you went to in Roatan? We have nothing planned for that day and now I'm thinking I'd like to go!

There's not a particular zoo on Roatan. There are several places around that have small exhibits of animals. Maya Key (need ship excursion here), Anthony's Kay at Sandy Bay (may need ship excursion), Gumbalinda Park (need ship excursion here) as well as some beach resorts, like Little French Key, and zip line facilities (South Shore Canopy). Victor, at one time had his own monkeys and every VB tour took a swing past his place. Not sure if that's where Viscus went or not.

But the best way to see what Viscus saw is to book a VB island tour. (less than 4 people is around $40 pp). Rony's Tours in Roatan offers similar packages and has a good reputation. You can google both for websites.

Loved your review. It has been a few years since we were on the cruise to the Western Carribean & it brought back lots of great memories. we do love the Pride & glad she coming back to Baltimore. I only wish she would have longer cruises & to different places. We will be on the repo 14 day from Tampa back to Baltimore sailing on Mar. 15. Thanks again for sharing, Alice

What a fabulous review. Love your attitude!!!

We are on the Pride for the first time since 2.0 for the March 15 repositioning. I can't wait.

If you are interested , you might like to read Pride roll call for Mar. 15,2015. if you do you will see a lot of gab but you might see somethings you would like to join in doing. You might not want to start at the beginning as there is almost 10,000 posts on part 2. Part 1 had 5,000 chats before cruise critic went to part 2. Some of the gab in a bunch of nonsense but everyone is having clean fun. (If you decide to join us, welcome to our group. Alice & Dave

If we go to Cayman again, I'd love to do a snorkel trip using those jet skis. That looked like a blast.

We did this in GC. It was really awesome. $70 per person for my husband and I to ride on 1 jetski. We were in a group of 6 jetskis and had 2 tour guides with us. I had so much freakin fun! We went through Island Marketing Ltd and I would do it again. Sorry to interrupt your review. But I thought I'd toss that info there. Great review!

There's not a particular zoo on Roatan. There are several places around that have small exhibits of animals. Maya Key (need ship excursion here), Anthony's Kay at Sandy Bay (may need ship excursion), Gumbalinda Park (need ship excursion here) as well as some beach resorts, like Little French Key, and zip line facilities (South Shore Canopy). Victor, at one time had his own monkeys and every VB tour took a swing past his place. Not sure if that's where Viscus went or not.

But the best way to see what Viscus saw is to book a VB island tour. (less than 4 people is around $40 pp). Rony's Tours in Roatan offers similar packages and has a good reputation. You can google both for websites.

The place we went do did also offer zip lining along with all the animal interactions, but I cannot remember the place's name, and none listed ring a bell (although it could be one of them, I just can't remember).

As crewsweeper said, the easiest way to find it is to book a Victor Bodden tour and request the $10pp one instead of the $5pp one. He might also just tell you if you email him, I don't know.

Loved your review. It has been a few years since we were on the cruise to the Western Carribean & it brought back lots of great memories. we do love the Pride & glad she coming back to Baltimore. I only wish she would have longer cruises & to different places. We will be on the repo 14 day from Tampa back to Baltimore sailing on Mar. 15. Thanks again for sharing, Alice

I will miss the Pride, but the cruises out of Baltimore don't have very exciting itinerary coming from someone who can cruise out of the Florida ports easily. Just not into the Bahamas ports. But again, the Pride is a great ship, so she makes up for it.

What a fabulous review. Love your attitude!!!

We are on the Pride for the first time since 2.0 for the March 15 repositioning. I can't wait.

Thanks for the support! Our vacation wasn't perfect by any means, and the biggest issue is coming up on the last sea day, but I loved our vacation and try to always look on the bright side. As the great Monty Python said, "Always look on the bright side of death". Not sure how that applies to a Caribbean cruise, but we'll roll with it.

If you are interested , you might like to read Pride roll call for Mar. 15,2015. if you do you will see a lot of gab but you might see somethings you would like to join in doing. You might not want to start at the beginning as there is almost 10,000 posts on part 2. Part 1 had 5,000 chats before cruise critic went to part 2. Some of the gab in a bunch of nonsense but everyone is having clean fun. (If you decide to join us, welcome to our group. Alice & Dave

Wow, a 15,000 post roll call? That's insane, our roll call thread only had around 500 I think. Color me jealous, your cruise's meet and greet should be a blast.

We did this in GC. It was really awesome. $70 per person for my husband and I to ride on 1 jetski. We were in a group of 6 jetskis and had 2 tour guides with us. I had so much freakin fun! We went through Island Marketing Ltd and I would do it again. Sorry to interrupt your review. But I thought I'd toss that info there. Great review!

How much leeway did your guides give you to do your own thing? One of the very best things about our Grand Cayman tour was our guide was so hands off unless we needed him to be otherwise (like ray wrangling at Stingray City).

He didn't force us to wear a life jacket unless we wanted one, as soon as we were anchored and he had passed out snorkel gear, we were free to do and go as we wished. I didn't have a limit to how far out I could go, he wasn't babysitting me or husband#2, it was really cool.

I've been snorkeling quite a few times and consider myself a strong swimmer if a little out of shape, and husband#2 is a contractor in really good shape. I guess he kind of figured we'd be fine on our own.

Thanks for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed Belize. That is by far the worst port I have ever been to. Looking forward to reading about your last sea day.

Yeah, I could see that. Between the miserably long tender ride and the condition of the area immediately around the cruise terminal, I'm actually surprised major cruise lines port there and associate their brand with it. As I said, you have to get about an hour away from the terminal before you run into "vacation stuff" in my opinion.

That said, husband and wife#2 did their own thing in Belize and ended up at the Bearded Clam beach club. Husband#2 said he had a blast in their "pool" with their swing and slide, and wife#2 just needs a lounge chair and good sun to have a good day. I can't comment on that other than what they said though.