Help me understand the V-Day Sale

kelkel2

So we booked under the V-day sale. We have never booked anything other than early saver before so this is new to me.

The Valentines Day sale came with a Guarantee Balcony and $50 OBC. Now, it's not early saver, but can we still price match? It was such a good price I don't really for see a better price coming available but I want to know what to expect. If I would happen to see a better price and match to it would I lose my OBC? What if they had assigned me a balcony already and I price matched, would I then have to give it up?

Sorry for all of the dumb questions but all of this is new to me!

You can price-match up until final payment due date. Only Early Saver gets you price drops after final payment due date and all the way up to 2 days prior to sailing.

If you do happen to find a lower price prior to final payment due date (I keep saying due date because that's the deadline--some people pay the cruise off early before the due date, which is irrelevant as far as price matching goes), you would have to factor in the OBC to see if the "drop" is really a "drop" based on your bottom line, because, yes, you would lose the OBC attached to your current pricing. So, for example, if you paid $1000 with $50 OBC, the new price has to be lower than $950.

To avoid frustration, my advice is not to look at pricing after final payment due date--unless you want to pay for an upgrade to a higher category and hope to get a deal that way.

You may be able to cancel and rebook if a lower rate shows for a guarantee balcony but you would lose the OBC unless the new rate includes that too.

You also need to read the exact rules for the rate you booked to see if it allows cancellation.