Just home from Splendor- MY questions

serene56

His name is Ramesh and he is the best Maître D Carnival has . They spend countless hrs trying to accommodate everyone , not always possible . I've seen him get screamed at , and I mean screamed at for such silly things . They try to seat people with children together , solo cruisers , same age bracket . Not an easy job . They only have so many tables for 2 and can't please everyone . Gold Pearl is for early and late dining and Black Pearl is mainly for YTD, with overflow of early and late. Is he expected to know that a gentleman or lady weighs 450 lbs and will not fit in a booth . They don't have a crystal ball . Put yourself in his shoes for a bit . You will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I DO understand what you are saying. What I have a hard time with is how do some people get their requests and others do not?

I think it should be across the board-- either do it for all request or let the luck of the draw be for everyone

Cozumel, costa maya, cayman and Roatan

there are 3 nights that have the "fancy" shows.

Chefs table was only one night of the cruise-- you didnt get to pick what night that was.

and the third night had the weakess menu for us

When are you going? the current CD is leaving the end of March too

Going March 22nd.

I usually email the Maitre'd about 3 weeks out, and have always gotten what I requested. Sometimes I received a reply and sometimes I didn't. I have never gone thru JH, and never will. Been lucky I guess.

The last time I was on the Splendor, only the upper level of the Black Pearl was YTD, but that may have changed.

As far as the buffet behavior, I see it on every cruise, and is spread amongst all ethnic groups. Don't think it will ever change.

I was on the same sailing of the Splendor as you were and we had YTD and were seated in the lower level of Black Pearl every night. unless you sailed her since the October 24 trip in which case could you tell me if the were the case? We thought our wait staff were fantastic and would love to have them again so if YTD is only on the upper level that probably isn't possible.

My sign and sail charges finally dropped off the pending-- and became ONE charge.. and nothing like the three that were pending.

So that was strange I thought.

--

Yes I have the fun times. Will scan them tomorrow as soon as I find them

My sign and sail charges finally dropped off the pending-- and became ONE charge.. and nothing like the three that were pending.

So that was strange I thought.

--

Yes I have the fun times. Will scan them tomorrow as soon as I find them

Hi Serene,

Glad you had a great cruise!! We cruised Feb 1 on an Eastern itin.

a great cruise as well...but also had some "issues" that should have had an easy answer to.

Got a Q: Did you notice a different wave movement than other ships?

What I mean is that we're used to "sided to side" movement, but this was different... a "stem to stern" movement. Rough a.m. for most:(

Mike

Edited by manmtnmike

Silly question, but what email address did you use?

Maybe you can help with this. I am going on Valor March 27 and I originally requested late dinning. I realize that eating after 8 might not be the best idea. Is it to late to request a change (early)? Do you know or can tell me where to find e-mail for Valor Maitre'd. Thanks

My second question-- if my cabin was all the way in the back why would they put me in the dining room all the way forward-- that was a hike each night...(LOL)

That's because all the people that have forward cabins are assigned to the aft dining room, so people in aft cabins have nowhere else to go but the forward dining room.:rolleyes: I'm always in a forward cabin, but it seems like I'm always assigned to the aft dining room. Makes a little more sense with me, since half of the midship dining room is used for anytime. But now I wonder. Many people crossing paths down the hallways heading to the dining room on the opposite end. I'm glad you had a good time on the Splendor. I also really enjoyed the ship & the entire trip.

With my experience on Splendor, there was no more motion or different motion on the ship than on any other, respective to the waves of each trip.

Splendor does not have the new menus. One of the nicest things about the Splendor is that she has not been touched by this 2.0 movement. I don't think that all of 2.0 is bad, but alot of it is, IMO. For anyone who would prefer to have back the things that 2.0 ships have removed, ships like Splendor are a great choice.

Maybe you can help with this. I am going on Valor March 27 and I originally requested late dinning. I realize that eating after 8 might not be the best idea. Is it to late to request a change (early)? Do you know or can tell me where to find e-mail for Valor Maitre'd. Thanks

You can edit your Dining options in the Manage your Booking section of the Carnival website. I would also email the Maitre'd. For the Valor it is vamaitred@carnival.com

Funny, I have never had my emailed requests granted as I always ask for a table for 4 on each cruise and it has never been granted. We are always seated at a large table.

On my last cruise on the Pride I just did not worry about it and said I get what I get. We get placed at a table for 4. Then I wondered how many people asked for a table for 4 and got placed at a big table for 10.

I would call now and try to get that changed. I would NOT wait until you are on the ship- Nor would I wait with an email request. From my experince with email not being acknowledged.

Early dining is the most requested.. anytime is the 2nd.

If they can not fit you into the early take anytime and just go at 5:45 each night

Might try emailing your PVP the request; I asked mine the last couple cruises for a table just for my family and it was honored. I have never contacted the Maitre D.

Funny, I have never had my emailed requests granted as I always ask for a table for 4 on each cruise and it has never been granted. We are always seated at a large table.

On my last cruise on the Pride I just did not worry about it and said I get what I get. We get placed at a table for 4. Then I wondered how many people asked for a table for 4 and got placed at a big table for 10.