Kids Camp Dailies for 10 year olds

katiel53

My son and his family and I are sailing on Carnival Dream the end of July as we really want to visit NOLA. My granddaughter has never sailed before and neither has my daughter-in-law. My cruises in the last several years have been for just my husband and me.

We don't know much about NOLA, and know even less about the kid's clubs. Any info anyone can give us will be really helpful. If your children went to the clubs, did they enjoy them? I know when we go off the ship, she will go with us, but I was thinking about sea days and evenings if she wanted to go. We are fine having her hang out with us all the time, but I thought she might have more fun if she had other kids to be with part of the time.

Thanks so much.

My son and his family and I are sailing on Carnival Dream the end of July as we really want to visit NOLA. My granddaughter has never sailed before and neither has my daughter-in-law. My cruises in the last several years have been for just my husband and me.

We don't know much about NOLA, and know even less about the kid's clubs. Any info anyone can give us will be really helpful. If your children went to the clubs, did they enjoy them? I know when we go off the ship, she will go with us, but I was thinking about sea days and evenings if she wanted to go. We are fine having her hang out with us all the time, but I thought she might have more fun if she had other kids to be with part of the time.

Thanks so much.

EDIT: I just saw the her age in the title of the thread. I don't have anything related to Camp Carnival. Sorry, and I hope someone will be able to come here and give you some information.

Original Message:

I have some pictures of the Circle C and Club 02 kids club on the first day of my review which is on my personal blog. I don't remember if I have any photos of Camp Carnival. The photos are a little farther down on the page.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/day-1-new-orleans-part-1.html

I can look through my stuff to see if I have any activity flyers, I usually take them just to see what is going in the youth programs.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by thecruiserofships

It really depends on the child and the other children in camp on your cruise. My daughter now 10 has been on cruises where she didn't mind going for a little while, then our last cruise there were a few kids with bad manners and they ruined it for her completely. One child was spitting in the faces of other children when the counselors weren't paying attention, she refused to go again.

She did enjoy night owls in the late evening for a few years, since it was an additional fee the groups were typically a bit smaller and they are given little backpacks with a stuffed owl and a few other goodies.

I've read reviews from other parents who have kids who love spending a lot of time at camp, but my daughter isn't one of them. She always feels it's more like daycare and would rather be elsewhere on the ship having fun. She prefers to pick up friends at the pool or slides to hang out with.

Thanks so much.

what you see today might not be what you have on your cruise...so no discussing it with your kids because disappointment could set in if they had their heart set on something that was not done.

camp is not opened the first night but there is a family dance party the first night about 8pm that lasts for about 40 minutes. prizes are given and its a nice ice breaker

Just off the splendor for the 9-11 group GD went some times but most times hung out with us

Thanks so much.

My ten yr old is in my lap as I type this and he has loved camp since he was 2; headed out on his 10th cruise in a few weeks. At the 9-11 age group, you can give them sign in/out privileges. My son is responsible and does very well with it. He will make plans independent of camp to swim or play putt putt with a friend at a particular time. He is ready to leave the dinner table at 7 and spends his evening in camp, by his choice. It is very rare for him to decide to go to a show with us. They play games (video, foosbal and board), watch movies, do art projects, sports (basketball, dodgeball), scavenger hunts, sand candy all come to his mind.

We were on the Dream last march and DD was 10, at first she wanted to try to move up to the next level but she was not close enough to 11 for them to allow. The Dream has many of the older group activities during the day in a conference room and i think that turned her off. But after the first day when she met a few friends she started to really enjoy it. She did all the night party activities, her favorite one being until 2 or 3am when they brought them back to the room. She also loved the scavenger hunts and opted to stay on the ship in Belize so she could participate in them.

At ten you can give them sign-in/sign-out privileges (except after hours) and they need that to do the scavenger hunts. DD knew she was only allowed decks 9-11 and then where the older camp area was at. I had a phone since I also had a 4 year old as well so she would call that when moving to different areas.

Thanks for the replies. I know it will be her decision to go or not, but I just wanted an idea of how other kids families felt about the camp. She is quite outgoing and I just want her to have a good time--selfish I know because if she does, then perhaps I can talk my son and daughter-in-law into more cruises!