Parking at pier on Cape Liberty

emmceeadee

We are booked to cruise on the Quantum of the Seas the week of March 21-29.

It has been a while since we have used the port parking lot. We are wondering

what the rates are at the lot. This will help us decide whether to hire a driver or

drive in on our own. Does anyone have the current rates? It would be much appreciated.

You can drop off your luggage with the porters in the "drop off" area. You do not need to drop off a person as well.

You can walk with your carry ons from the parking to the terminal. You can also just park first and walk with all your luggage to the terminals.

Lots if choices.

This is what I did as a solo traveler - followed the traffic to the terminal, waited for an open spot curb side and was directed to drop off my luggage with a porter, who put labels on the luggage and gave me bar coded receipts (similar to if you check a bag at the airport), then drove the big loop to the parking lot. I parked and walked to the terminal with my carry-on. It is not far at all.

Easy as pie. Traffic moves slow however into the parking lot as they collect payment up front so to takes time to do a quick credit card transaction for each vehicle entering.

This is what I did as a solo traveler - followed the traffic to the terminal, waited for an open spot curb side and was directed to drop off my luggage with a porter, who put labels on the luggage and gave me bar coded receipts (similar to if you check a bag at the airport), then drove the big loop to the parking lot. I parked and walked to the terminal with my carry-on. It is not far at all.

Easy as pie. Traffic moves slow however into the parking lot as they collect payment up front so to takes time to do a quick credit card transaction for each vehicle entering.

This is exactly the information I was looking for when I came to this thread. Thank you! My family and I are driving in from Cleveland, and even with gas and $19/day for parking, it's still less than airfare for even one person round trip. :)

We will be sailing out of Port Liberty in June. We have in the past, but not since the "new" terminal facility. For anyone who has done both, is the parking (entrance, distance, etc etc) the same, now with the new terminal as it had been?