Tea drinkers beware!

omc329

Seems to me that similar complaints are to be found in all cruise line forums because some other cruise lines have also switched to that (awful) brand you mention. Just a few days ago I have read about it on the HAL forum. Celebrity and even Azamara also use the same brand of tea bags and I always feel like a glutton when I have to pack two or three bags into a pot to make the colour of the water go to brownish...

The only decent tea bags we had on all our cruises last year was on Cunard's "QE" - Tetley's and Twinings were to be had.

• 1 month later...

I brought my own tea on the Getaway last month because of this thread. I did not think the new was that bad. It does not taste like lipton but every tea has its own taste. After making my own tea a day or two, I used the Select Fields the rest of the trip. I like my iced tea strong with no sugar. I got used to it and think its not bad at all.

I brought my own tea on the Getaway last month because of this thread. I did not think the new was that bad. It does not taste like lipton but every tea has its own taste. After making my own tea a day or two, I used the Select Fields the rest of the trip. I like my iced tea strong with no sugar. I got used to it and think its not bad at all.

You made your own iced tea? How did you do it?

I absolutely hate that syrup fountain tea. I'm not sure it would be safe to brew your own and pour over ice would it? The last time I tried that in a glass at home it shattered, so now I use plastic or metal glasses. How did you do it on the ship?

I can deal with different brands. I just need actual brewed iced tea.

Edited by Mirrasi

You made your own iced tea? How did you do it?

I absolutely hate that syrup fountain tea. I'm not sure it would be safe to brew your own and pour over ice would it? The last time I tried that in a glass at home it shattered, so now I use plastic or metal glasses. How did you do it on the ship?

I can deal with different brands. I just need actual brewed iced tea.

I am the same way. I must have real brewed iced tea or I don't drink it. Its simple. Just ask for a pot of tea and 2 glasses of ice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Make the tea and pour into the ice glasses. Freshed brewed iced tea!

Hopefully Del Rio does not discover this formula and charge a fee/tax/gratuity for fresh brewed iced tea :eek:

Hopefully they dont shatter like they did at home. I'll try it

If you place a teaspoon in the glass before you pour the hot water into the glass, the glass will not break.

LOVE fresh brewed iced tea! I will still bring my PG Tips along in the luggage in about 6 days.

Cheers :)

Edited by Levanah