Luggage tags

cala8

I don't know if anyone can help me but I will give it a try.We are a group of Twenty seven traveling by Bus fron central Fl. To Fort Lauderdale boarding the Zuiderdam next Monday.The question is ,our travel agent told me to go to the pursers desk a few days before debarkation and request all the same luggage tags so we can get off at the same time in order to meet the bus.Has anyone had this expierience?How early can I get the tags?

I think your agent means the luggage tags you attach to your luggage on the last night of the cruise that shows your disembarkation time. A few days into the cruise you will receive a form regarding the disembarkation. Fill it in and return to the front desk. You can choose what time you want off the ship. Have all your party pick the same thing. When you get your tags, check and see if you all have the same time. If not, go to pursers desk and have them changed. Easy.

You will put these tags on your luggage prior to putting it out into the hall on the last night. The ship gathers the luggage and next time you see it will be on shore as you disembark.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes.I do mean the tags you attach the last night of your cruise,the TA said not to use them and request tags specific to our group,it would be so much easier to do what you suggest ,I think the TA meant that we would all have the same tags therefore would be able to disembark and get our luggage as a group.I appreciate everyone's input.Thank You

I don't know if anyone can help me but I will give it a try.We are a group of Twenty seven traveling by Bus fron central Fl. To Fort Lauderdale boarding the Zuiderdam next Monday.The question is ,our travel agent told me to go to the pursers desk a few days before debarkation and request all the same luggage tags so we can get off at the same time in order to meet the bus.Has anyone had this expierience?How early can I get the tags?

Collect all the cabin numbers from your group and speak to the front office on embarkation day, or the first full day of the cruise by the latest. Tell them that you want to do a group disembarkation with all of these cabins. Advise them of the time you have booked the bus for. They may also want details of the coach company you will be using(charter order #, driver info, etc). Doing this right away will allow the front desk to smoothly co-ordinate a designated time for your group. They may even designate one of the public lounges for your group to meet prior to walking off the ship.

If you give the front office proper notice of what you intend to do, your traveling companions won't even receive a disembarkation form as you will have already done this on their behalf.

There was a line on our debarkation paperwork that asked us the cabin #s and names of people with whom we were traveling. We put our information on the form, as did our travel companions. We all received the same color / number tags and time to leave the ship.

There was a line on our debarkation paperwork that asked us the cabin #s and names of people with whom we were traveling. We put our information on the form, as did our travel companions. We all received the same color / number tags and time to leave the ship.

Exactly. They always ask for that information on that form........ are there people in other cabins traveling with you? If by chance, when the tags are delivered to each cabin and they don't all match the request, it is easy to change them at the Front Office of with Concierge.

With what sounds like your large group, would recommend that you go to the front desk as previously suggested and explain, then request a group disembarkation even though there is the space on the form for others traveling with you. If you have your PU time from the bus company, this will help HAL in coordinating your disembarkation time to allow for adequate time to get thru everything then just hop on the bus.

Sounds like fun - have a great time!