Aqua Suites on Reflection - RIP

hichachoc

We're booked in Aqua Class on 21 Sep '15 on Reflection. :D

Noticed Aqua Suites were not for sale - investigated further, found no Aqua Suites on any European cruises, checked with my TA (who had no info), checked with Celebrity - No More Aqua Suites after Reflection's Caribbean cruises! :(

They are being turned in to Sky Suites! :mad:

I wonder why - too many guests for Blu to handle? No takeup? :confused:

Any ideas or information, anyone? :confused: :confused:

Edited by hichachoc
Typo

We're booked in Aqua Class on 21 Sep '15 on Reflection. :D

Noticed Aqua Suites were not for sale - investigated further, found no Aqua Suites on any European cruises, checked with my TA (who had no info), checked with Celebrity - No More Aqua Suites after Reflection's Caribbean cruises! :(

They are being turned in to Sky Suites! :mad:

I wonder why - too many guests for Blu to handle? No takeup? :confused:

Any ideas or information, anyone? :confused: :confused:

A Celebrity flyer with details on the new Suite Class benefits speaks to this topic:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Why are you not offering AquaClass Suites on RF in 2015?

There is a higher customer demand for our Sky Suites, so as a result we will be offering more of these suites from April 4, 2015 on board Celebrity Reflection

Edited by vulcan1971

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if when they add more Sky Suites if they will make any more of them handicap accessible? Right now we are booked on the Feb 13,2016 cruise in cabin 2190. It looks like the galley is right above us. If there are no plans to increase the number and location of ha suites would it be smarter to cruise on a different line so we can get some sleep?

Edited by mynxr

I think part of the reason for losing the Aqua Suites, was their were an anomaly among the fleet, being only on Reflection, no other ships.

Also with the coming of Suite Perks, they would have had the odd nuance of being the only Suites in Suite Perks to have BOTH guaranteed BLU dining and suite Dining Room dining.

For these reasons it seem natural just to reclassify them to Sky Suites. I saw many times where the AquaSuites were priced below Sky Suites close in to sailing to fill them.

Honestly the only thing that differentiated AquaSuite from Sky suite was the BLU access, and the shower panel, among a few other immaterial amenity offerings. Now with Suite Dining, the cabins still get a dedicated private restaurant. Remains to be seen if the shower panels remain and become the best kept secret among Sky Suite cabins on Reflection. I think they should add an S3 category when selling these particular cabins, and leave the shower panels.

Does anyone know if when they add more Sky Suites if they will make any more of them handicap accessible? Right now we are booked on the Feb 13,2016 cruise in cabin 2190. It looks like the galley is right above us. If there are no plans to increase the number and location of ha suites would it be smarter to cruise on a different line so we can get some sleep?

I doubt it, this would require modifications to the physical cabin and bathrooms as accessible SkySuites are larger than normal ones. Changing from Aqua Suite to Sky suite just means renaming the cabin, and pulling a few of the Aqua amenities from the cabin.

From Celebrity's Reflection FAQ Sheet, she has 30 accessible cabins on the ship, none were Aqua Suites. 4 of those 30 are Sky Suites. Accessible SkySuites are 344 sq ft and standard ones are only 300 sq ft.

Reflection has 1523 stateroom, Eclipse has comparison has 1426. So RF has 97 extra cabins, yet still has the same number of accessible as Eclipse. Eclipse has 1 accessible cabin per 47.5 cabins, RF has 1 per 50.7 cabins, fairly close.

Don't forget the jetted bathtub. ;)

I just

of an aqua suite' date=' and it had a jetted tub in it, as does the Sky Suite. So this is already a commonality between the 2. It did [b']also[/b] have the AquaClass shower panel, which SkySuites do not have.

I hope they leave the shower panels installed, and the bathtub!

Tub will certainly stay, as this is a part of a standard SkySuite

Edited by cle-guy

I just
of an aqua suite, and it had a jetted tub in it, as does the Sky Suite. So this is already a commonality between the 2. It did also have the AquaClass shower panel, which SkySuites do not have.

We have only experienced aqua suite, not sky suite, but as far as I know, sky suites don't have jets in the tub (see videos).:confused:

Thanks for the video, Curt. We're booked in an Aqua-Suite-morphing-into-Sky Suite on Reflection in December, classified as S1. We chose the midship location on the hump close to an elevator for various personal reasons, rather than one of the S1 corner rooms all the way aft. (Been aft on Eclipse - fine, but I can take it or leave it.)

Seems unlikely to me that Celebrity would rip out expensive bathroom fixtures from a new ship, but what do I know? Maybe they'll leave them as a small compensation for what appears to be a smaller balcony for the midship S1 than the aft S1 corner rooms have.

We have only experienced aqua suite' date=' not sky suite, but as far as I know, sky suites don't have jets in the tub (see videos).:confused:

[/quote']

You you're right. I was remembering when I was in a Celebrity suite that had the jets and tub combo.

Sky suites only have a normal tub.

I probably should make note of the AQ suite cabin numbers, in the event they keep the extra tub and shower features.

For awhile there I thought, what? How could I miss a bathtub with jets.

I probably should make note of the AQ suite cabin numbers, in the event they keep the extra tub and shower features.

I noticed yesterday that Reflection deck plans on the X website already have changed and Aqua Suite colors have disappeared from Resort Deck 12. And Luminae has appeared. (Both changes are on pre-April 5 deck plans.)

But if course old deck plans are still out there online.

You are correct, it "would be smarter to cruise on a different line".

As to the cabin changes,

When you go to look at a 'Future Cruise' there are two deck plans, the Reflection, and all the rest. There have been many comments about how crowded Blu is on the Reflection compared to the others.

The additional deck of Aqua cabins was in the end a not well thought thru idea, not bad, but as people experienced, caused crowding. With the new Suite dining area being added, and reclassifying the Aqua Suites to Sky, this will 'shift' the assigned dining venue for those cabins, easing the strain on Blu.

This was the reason we were told when we spoke to the FC Rep last yr.

Common sence also means Celebrity has some more cabins at a higher rate too!:D

image.jpg.5e12556a687d1ab44edc0b9a6e581909.jpg

We don't like the overhang, so the ones on the hump would be the ones we'd recommmend to book, but we could hear some noise from above. We personally wouldn't bother with the others.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Having stayed in AS many times (at a discounted rate because they seemed hard to sell at full price) I don't see what makes them command the S1 price. I never figured out what was the advantage of the S1's on deck 12 forward. The only AS rooms that I think would warrant S1 would be the ones on the Hump.

I suspect they will still be discounting these deck 12 forward rooms by selling them off as "Suite Guarantee".

I'm sure the reason for the change is purely to move these passengers from Blu to the suite restaurant.

Don't understand the big issue. With the new suite perks I am sure that suite passengers would rather dine in the new suite exclusive restaurant instead of Blu. By changing them from AQ suites they will probalby change some CC and regular balconies into AQ and CC respectively.

Other cabins on other ships have been reassigned or changed over to different categories. CC cabins have been changed to AQ, some A1 cabins changed to CC and etc

It is just a evolving process that provides more profit or fits into the changes that Celebrity feels they need to do. Eventually the customer will be the one that is given the final vote and it is called voting with their feet, or with their cash.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Having stayed in AS many times (at a discounted rate because they seemed hard to sell at full price) I don't see what makes them command the S1 price. I never figured out what was the advantage of the S1's on deck 12 forward. The only AS rooms that I think would warrant S1 would be the ones on the Hump.

I suspect they will still be discounting these deck 12 forward rooms by selling them off as "Suite Guarantee".

I'm sure the reason for the change is purely to move these passengers from Blu to the suite restaurant.

Of course their goal will be to sell as many of them as they can at full price, but since it was a unique category as an AS, their hope may be that they can more easily sell them with a more standard S1 designation.

Sometimes cabins get designation due to location other times it's additional balcony size or unique configuration. Maybe that is why those S1s on 12 forward are they we they are?

In the end, I suspect you're right they'll many will still go at discounted rates as the number of cabins is greater than demand on these more standard itineraries.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Other cabins on other ships have been reassigned or changed over to different categories. CC cabins have been changed to AQ, some A1 cabins changed to CC and etc

I've read this about another ship, can't real which one, people have been moved from prior booked Verandas to other Veranda's as they have found their cabins were changed to Concierge and were told that to keep their cabin number, they had to pay the are difference.

Does anyone in these forums I wonder have any idea what ship(s) are getting such cabin category reassignments and what the timeline is? Even better, to what extent are cabins changing?

Curt, I had no idea future re assignments were planned. However I am aware on the Solistce some CC aft became Aqua class. I believe this was during the first refurbishment. They are not on other S class ships.

Curt, I had no idea future re assignments were planned. However I am aware on the Solistce some CC aft became Aqua class. I believe this was during the first refurbishment. They are not on other S class ships.

Someone here on Cruise Critic reported what was stated by Curt above, I think they better tact by Celebrity would have been to leave the people, at the price they paid and given them the cabin "upgrade" but what do I know?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I found the thread. It is a passenger on Solstice regarding her cabin change on her upcoming May 2015 Alaska sailing.

Actually, looking into this particular post further, I see Solstice has 2 sets of deck plans, one for now and another taking over in May (suite dining room identified), but both sets show the particular veranda cabin that poster was discussion staying the same and not going to Concierge.

I also tried a dummy booking for a cruise in May as that thread post said they are on, an deck 9 is still selling verandas, not concierges in the forward section, deck plans match.

Looks like I'll be in Aqua Suite 2109 next week as one of its farewell AS pax! I am normally a "suite person," and booked the AS as a way to give the Aqua experience a try. I would add that one of the perks that will be lost when these cabins are converted to sky suites is the Persian Gardens access. I love PG, and pay for it when I book a suite. I can't remember how much it costs exactly, but seems like it was around $200 pp for 7 night cruise.

I am a little disappointed that Luminae won't be up and running, yet. I wasn't counting on it, of course, and I want to try Blu, but knowing it's coming soon, I'll feel like I missed out!