Quality and Price of Ladies Hair Cut Onboard

tring

Has anyone had their hair cut on a Fred ship, or know anyone who has?

We are going on Fred's 28 night Canada cruise on Black Watch departing 22nd May and my hair will be due cut in the middle of that, so am thinking I may risk an onboard harcut.

We went to a spa presentation on Braemar in November and the hairdressers were describing themselves as 'international hairdressers', so I am wondering what their training and ability is, compared to the precision cut techniqes used in Britain.

It would also be good to have a rough idea of the cost of a ladies cut and blow onboard.

Any help will be very welcome,

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

I can't comment on the quality of a ladies cut but I was very happy with my (gent's) cut on Boudicca last September. It took a little longer than I'm used to and I wondered if she was cutting each hair individually. My request for her to only cut the grey ones was met with a confused look:confused:

I imagine all the ships have the same, or at least similar, prices. These are now five months old but it will give you an idea.

Ladies wash & cut £25

Wash cut and blow dry short hair £35

Wash cut and blow dry long hair £40

Have a great cruise

Regards, Colin.

I guess they are 'International hairdressers' by virtual of the ships movements, but perhaps little else :)

I asked my wife for her opinion as she has used them in the past.

She said she would trust them to tidy up an existing style but she was not convinced they were in the same league as the stylists she used at home so wouldn't let them do any more than that.

A friend of mine had a wash, cut and blow dry of her long hair on one of Fred's ships. She said that she felt the finished result was rather old fashioned and aging for her and wished she had not let him cut it.

It looked fine to me, but who am I to judge? :o