Boarding times for Island Priincess-Los Angeles

Mr Funship

Depending on when they get passengers from prior cruise off, about noonish. That said, there is always a group that gets there early in hopes of earlier boarding--and frequently they do get aboard before noon. I believe Princess says they start about 1 or 1:30, but that is more likely the latest they would start if prior disembarkation were delayed for some reason.

BTW, most Island departures from LA are at 5 pm. You did not mention which cruise you were on, but was wondering which one leaves at 9?

I did the Regal Princess to Hawaii in 2004 and loved it. Got to the cruise terminal at about 11AM but had to wait about half an hour. That didn't bother me 'cause I wound up meeting and chatting with other people waiting to board.

Once they open up embarkation, it normally goes very quickly and smoothly. You'll get your cruise card very quickly. The slow-ups are Security and then the Photo Dept. taking pictures. I usually get out of line and walk right past them since I never have and never will buy a boarding photo.

When we returned to Los Angeles, we docked at about 6:00, the ship was cleared about 8:00 and the last people were off about 9:30. When you’re able to get on depends a lot on the disembarkation process. We arrived at the pier at about 1:00 and pretty much walked right on the ship – the crowds were light at that time. The big plus was that our luggage was delivered by 3:00!

Archived