Carbbean Princess Pool

carlp

was on the CP a few years ago, and there was a really nice area at the back of the ship to hang out and watch the wake of the ship - can't remember the location or deck - anybody know what I'm talking about - also was it adults only?

Know the area well!! It is the Outrigger Bar and you just go through the Café Caribe and out the doors to the aft and there is the bar and the pool is one deck down.

Will be there this Saturday-weather permitting and can't wait for my cocktail and sail away..............................

was on the CP a few years ago, and there was a really nice area at the back of the ship to hang out and watch the wake of the ship - can't remember the location or deck - anybody know what I'm talking about - also was it adults only?

Deck 14 Riviera aft pool.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Know the area well!! It is the Outrigger Bar and you just go through the Café Caribe and out the doors to the aft and there is the bar and the pool is one deck down.

Will be there this Saturday-weather permitting and can't wait for my cocktail and sail away..............................

We will be there with you Saturday!

I've looked at the deck plans, and it looks like there are two aft pools on CB...one on deck 14, the terrace pool, and another on deck 17, the splash pool.

Can anyone confirm this, and describe the differences/benefits/shortcomings of each of these?

Thanks! First time on CB, and really looking forward to it!

I am currently on her and will be again next week. The aft pool on deck 14 has a sign adults only. On the aft deck 17 there is a very shallow kids pool as well as a hot tub.

The last couple weeks there has only been about 20 children. There is a bit more this week but not too much and they are not causing any issues. Next week - who knows?

Weather has been great but we did miss Princess Cay this week due to rough conditions for tendering.

This is an adult pool and our last cruise last year we were so looking forward to a peaceful time at the pool aft. BUT 3 families and 2 kids in diapers !! yes diapers IN the pool. Everyone quietly got out and mentioned the signs and finally a gentleman advised the crew and they said so sorry we can't ask them to NOT use the pool. Oh never mind about the diaper with who knows what was inside. Needless to say we did not use the pool the rest of our trip. Going in the next month and not sure if we want to go there again. This just made us goo owww yuck!

This is an adult pool and our last cruise last year we were so looking forward to a peaceful time at the pool aft. BUT 3 families and 2 kids in diapers !! yes diapers IN the pool. Everyone quietly got out and mentioned the signs and finally a gentleman advised the crew and they said so sorry we can't ask them to NOT use the pool. Oh never mind about the diaper with who knows what was inside. Needless to say we did not use the pool the rest of our trip. Going in the next month and not sure if we want to go there again. This just made us goo owww yuck!

Fecal teabags. ;)

Everyone quietly got out and mentioned the signs and finally a gentleman advised the crew and they said so sorry we can't ask them to NOT use the pool. Oh never mind about the diaper with who knows what was inside. !

Need to notify the customer service desk and also mention the diapers. Pool will be closed until it can be drained, cleaned and refilled.

I thought diapers in the pool was a violation of health regulations. Shouldn't someone on board be responsible for enforcing these regulations? And why call it an adult pool if no one is willing to enforce it?

As more families embrace cruising and more children are on board I would hope Princess would be diligent about keeping adult areas child free. Disney cruises are loaded with little people but I have never seen them in the adult areas.

We also board Saturday. Can't wait.

I thought diapers in the pool was a violation of health regulations. Shouldn't someone on board be responsible for enforcing these regulations? And why call it an adult pool if no one is willing to enforce it?

Absolutley! Yes there should be.

On the Emerald last week there was a Mother and her 1-2 year old who deposited (Caddy Shack terms) a Baby Ruth in the water. They were the only 2 in the pool. I notified a deck attendant who was setting up MUTS chairs with the covers. Not sure what he did after that. :(