Rome to Civitavecchia tour/transfer?

BlueEyesMI

We'll be spending a few days in Rome pre-cruise, and thought we'd look for a good half day +/- tour/transfer from Rome hotel to the port. I've emailed a few recommended travel companies - but wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations? Thanks!

As the primary seaport for Rome, Civitavecchia has trains that frequently take commuters and cruisers to and from the city. Commuter trains take about 80-90 minutes between stations. With fairly-early departures, the service makes effective day-trips possible, though rush-hour times find them rather full.

Tickets cost about 4.5 euros each way. Or you can purchase round trip B.I.R.G. tickets for roughly twice that.

Cruisers are usually provided shuttles from their ship to and from the port pedestrian entrance. From there, you'll find the train station about a 10 minute walk along the seashore.

Take care with your belongings... Thieves like to grab items and jump off trains just as the doors close.

Edited by Calgon1

Last time we were in Rome, I wanted to take the train to Civi. As it happened, my husband was quite against this...he's not an easy traveller. So we booked a car through the hotel and the car company told us they were one of the few companies that certified to take passengers directly to the ship. It rained slightly in Rome the day we left and I'm so glad my husband insisted on the car because it was raining cats and dogs in Civi. We didn't get dropped off at the entrance to the port to wait for the bus, we went directly from the car into the check-in tent. Got a little wet, but it could have been worse. I felt it was well worth the cost of about 100 Euros.