Recommended Wines

RocketMan275

We can ordinarily get Nobilo Sav Blanc on sale for $8.99-9.99 at home so I can't bring myself to pay up for it. We were just in Australia/New Zealand in January and a wine shop owner convinced us to try the Australian Savignon Blancs. They are entirely different than the New Zealand variety (of which I am a huge fan, btw), they have much less acid and citrus and are more like what we used to get as a French Columbard or Chenin Blanc. Some were very good. Although I highly suggest a crisp NZ Savignon Blanc with spicy food and/or sushi. I do not see my favorite red on the list anymore, which was The Spur, red blend. I do agree with the previous poster about the Chateauneuf du Pape, tastes very much like a nice thick Syrah and is a good price.

i also like the Adelsheim Pinot Gris' date=' with the shellfish pasta, at Sabatini's

The new menu, including the shellfish pasta, is great at Sabatini's.

Bon appetit![/quote']

Our favorite specialty restaurant. We dined there twice.

Any recommendations on the wines available on Princess under $50 bottle? Anything good by the glass?

Looking for a good Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and another good red, maybe a cab or a Syrah?

I like Spellbound petite syrah which has been available on the Princess ships I've been on recently. It is available by the glass or bottle. I usually drink cab or pinot noir, but tried this at the Vines Bar and liked it.

I like Spellbound petite syrah which has been available on the Princess ships I've been on recently. It is available by the glass or bottle. I usually drink cab or pinot noir, but tried this at the Vines Bar and liked it.

That was the red wine served with the Michael Mondavi Winemakers Dinner which we enjoyed & will do it again soon. We also enjoyed the white wine served...Anthìlia Donnafugata.Sicilia, Italy...which we haven't been able to find at home.

I prefer Sav Blanc and we enjoyed Marlborough Noblio in the MDR and then when dining in Sabatini's they suggested if we liked that to try upgrading to Marlborough Cloudy Bay and that is much better. It's now one of my top 2 or 3 wines.

Wow, great!

I'll try it:)

Thanks!

"Cloudy" seems like an odd name for a wine as you wouldn't want your wine to be cloudy but it refers to the area in New Zealand where the wineries are and the climate is favorable for growing grapes.

You can also find it at many wine stores, including discount stores, as well as many larger grocery stores.