? Which dock for Golden?

regnig

Ok, now I'm really confused.

I just looked at http://www.gotopuertorico.com/Calen...0&date=3-4-2006

the web site that has a calendar of cruise ships and their assigned piers. It shows Port # 4-E for the Golden. I thought she left from the Panamerican pier. Does anyone know for certain where she will be leaving from this winter and spring of 2006? If she is going to leave from the Old San Juan docks we may reconsider the hotel we will use for our pre-cruise overnight.

Larsen, hmm...we might have to wait until she gets back this fall to find out. Has used Pan Am pier in the past, but I see from the site you referenced that Constellation and RCI ship are scheduled to dock there, with Golden at 4A.

Since pier assignments could change, maybe it would be better to pick your hotel based on what you want to do the day and night before. Condado area for beaches, OSJ for sightseeing. Taxi between the two piers is only about $5 either way.

cherylandtk - you're probably right. I'm just the obsessively self-controlling type :eek: who wants to know it all and right now. Guess I'll just have to exercise a bit of patience until late October to see where she is really docking.

For December, the website above lists the Golden as being at the "Navy Frontier" pier. Has anyone used this pier before? I've sailed from San Juan twice, but I have no idea what pier I was at. Does the Navy Frontier pier have a liquor store?

Gene and Kathy: I'll be waiting when you get off the ship on 4/22/06. I'm sailing with my friend, Diane from New Hampshire on the 4/22 cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Then I'll be sending her home and my hubby and our 2 moms will be joining me for the reposition cruise from San Juan to NYC.....Karen

Oh well! I put out a roll call but its way too early I guess. I sure hope the Golden does sail out of the pier in OSJ as we love that part of the city and will be getting in early enough to check in then go walk around. This will be our second time on the Golden and have also sailed on the Star and Grand (plus the Ocean and also with RCI and Carnival). Wish we could afford to sail sooner as it's a long way off!

I know you'll have a great time Karen!

Gene and Kathy

Archived