May cancel Rccl Cruise but I am bummed about Drink Package

Spike2000

Just off the RCCL Jewel and had a great time. Also LOVED the convenience of the RCCL Beer/Wine drink package (1st time buying one)...

Anyhow, I am more than likely going to cancel our Independence cruise in order to book the Glory for the same date. Just a decision based on a lacking E.Carrib itinerary (Independance) vs a solid W.Carrib itinerary (Glory) on that date.

I just noticed however that Carnival has very weak options for all inclusive drink packages. My wife is more-less a non drinker whereas I would love a few cocktails here and there.

Is it accurate that Both people in the stateroom must be on the Cheers Program? Is there any way around this?

I am also traveling with my 3 kids linked up with grandparents in other rooms so I wouldn't get too carried away regardless. (ha) :o

Is it accurate that Both people in the stateroom must be on the Cheers Program? Is there any way around this?

I am also traveling with my 3 kids linked up with grandparents in other rooms so I wouldn't get too carried away regardless. (ha) :o

yes, it is accurate. if you're both in the same stateroom, no there is not a way around it, even if she's pregnant, has medical conditions or is allergic to alcohol! lol

the one way around it that there IS, however, is if you were to 'creatively' book your room(s) so that you're the only one in the room over 21. for instance, assuming you're booking 2 rooms - book you and 1 kid in room #1, book her and 2 kids in room #2. when you board, buy the cheers program, then go to guest services to have your wife switched into room #1 and kid 1 to room #2.

Just off the RCCL Jewel and had a great time. Also LOVED the convenience of the RCCL Beer/Wine drink package (1st time buying one)...

Anyhow, I am more than likely going to cancel our Independence cruise in order to book the Glory for the same date. Just a decision based on a lacking E.Carrib itinerary (Independance) vs a solid W.Carrib itinerary (Glory) on that date.

I just noticed however that Carnival has very weak options for all inclusive drink packages. My wife is more-less a non drinker whereas I would love a few cocktails here and there.

if you work it out where you are in a room with minors only then you can buy the package by yourself and then you can switch around where people sleep to where you desire. you can go to guest services and switch around the people once on board

It's true that everyone in the same cabin that is over 21 must purchase Cheers. There is no way around it. Unless you start moving people around in rooms so that there aren't 2 adults in the same room.

Wish Carnival would go with a beer/wine package. I am not a hard liquor drinker and like beer and wine [emoji5].

i wish they'd do a 1 beer. 2 wine. 3 whatever you want package. i prefer beer, but i'll still pay for the package, for a significantly lower cost per beverage than someone with a maxed out cocktail or just short of 10.00 wine. but it is what it is.

that said, i agree, they could be much more creative with their packages. including things like juice, bottled water, specialty coffee, etc. that other lines offer. given that it is and has the potential to be an even larger profit center, you'd think they'd be all over that. they can't cater to every person's preference for 'what works' for them - but i agree, they could try harder, and would venture to say that they lose out on additional revenue (especially in terms of anticipated losses, people that would buy it because it caters to them, but would be a win for the cruise line), simply BECAUSE they don't try harder. but it is what it is, for the time being.