Star or Caribbean Princess?

cruzrmomma

We went on the Star to the Western last year and loved her. When we decided to take another cruise and the only one available was the Caribbean Princess to the Eastern we didn't hesitate. The ships are identical or pretty close to it I think. I am sure no matter which ship you chose you will have a great time even if you have been to most of the ports.

The Caribbean Princess is very similiar to the Star Princess but there is an extra deck of passengers (500 people) on the ship. Princess added a few things (Movies Under the Stars and Cafe Caribe) but otherwise didn't redesign the public areas to accomodate the extra passengers.

Personally, I would choose the Star Princess for this reason. I thought the number of people on the Star Princess was fine but I can't imagine adding an additional 500 people to the ship. My friends who have sailed both, prefer the ships with 500 fewer passengers.

We did Golden last year and CB this year and could not notice the increase in pax. Both sailings were full. If you have alot of sea days MUTS (Movies under the SUN!!) is handy. Never went at night. One deciding factor for me would be Bert Stratton on Caribbean, he's a singer/pianist and he is amazzzzing

We have sailed on the Grand, the Star, & the Caribbean Princess. If I had a choice I would choose the Star over the Caribbean Princess because it has fewer passengers. Although we had wonderful cruises on both ships, I felt the service was better and the public areas were less crowded on the Star. The Grand Class ships are great, unfortunately Princess had to pack in 500 more passengers on the Caribbean Princess as they will do on the new Crown Princess too. I guess the name of the game is $$$$.

many cruises, I AGREE. Caribbean Princess too big, too many people, service not as enthusiastic. The Grand (as opposed to the 'super Grand' class) is a better overall cruise experience. Of course, after 9 cruises, only my opinion.

Archived