Permisson from Parent?

tawaik

I'm planning a family cruise for 2016 and need input on the following from people have cruised with family members outside of being the Momma & Papa:)

My two nieces will be sharing a cabin with my sister. Do we need to get a notarized letter from their parents permitting her to sail with them? They both under the age of sixteen. We are doing short 4-day on the Sky to the Bahamas leaving from Miami, FL.. Both of my nieces have U.S. Passports to travel :)

There are quite a few family members that hardly ever travel out of the country. Can these adults travel with a Valid driver's license & an original birth certificate for a this closed loop voyage? I did and will recommend that they all get passports because it is the best way to cruise and the perfect document in case of any emergency.

While it may or may not be asked for, it's best to have notarized letters because they can be denied boarding if they ask for it and you don't have it.

Yes, a BC and a DL is adequate for a closed loop cruise from the US.

Edited by Out to sea!

There is a consent letter you can print from the ncl website. You need both parents to sign it and a copy of their drivers license.

We have travelled twice with our niece with a different last name. The first time they asked for it, second time the gentleman never asked for it so I offered it and he wasn't sure what it was. He went and asked a supervisor and yes indeed they wanted it, she was 17 this last time. The supervisor was not happy that we had to tell the gentleman about the form.

Yes! Print out the consent letter on the ncl site. I took my 2 nieces with me in August on the Breakaway. When I was checking in I was asked if they were my children (we have different last names) and I told them no, but I had the letter and a photo copy of my sisters dl. I also had a notarized letter stating that I can make medical decisions on my sisters behalf in case of any emergencies.