Pre and Post Cruise Hotel in Seattle

twentyatheart

This is our first cruise so this is quite a learning experience! We are flying in the evening before our Alaska cruise aboard the Jewel on June 6. Can anyone recommend a hotel that possibly does both airport transport at well as pier transport? Thanks!

You're going to have a wonderful time! Hubby and I still talk about Alaska just about every week and we really want to go back once I feel safe enough to fly again.

If you don't mind not being in downtown Seattle I highly recommend Cedarbrook Lodge. It's about 3 minutes from the airport but you wouldn't know it once there as it's on wooded acres. Staff is great, food delicious and grounds are beautiful. There's a free shuttle to and from the airport but you would need to hire a car or shuttle to get to the pier. We used Seattle Express last year and at the time they charged $12 per person. You can also arrange for them to pick you up from the pier and take you to an airport area hotel or the airport. If you really want to see downtown you can do what we did - took the shuttle back from the pier, checked into our hotel and then hired a limo service to give us a tour of downtown and even had lunch at Pike Place Market. It was awesome! If I could get my photos to upload I'd add some.

Forgot to mention - at Cedarbrook each building has its own lounge with free snacks and water, including yummy ice cream. They also have a delicious drink at the check in desk. I don't remember what it was but we enjoyed multiple cups of it! Breakfast is included and the hotel grows its own fruits and vegetables - the preserves are made there and the blueberry is to die for!

This is our first cruise so this is quite a learning experience! We are flying in the evening before our Alaska cruise aboard the Jewel on June 6. Can anyone recommend a hotel that possibly does both airport transport at well as pier transport? Thanks!

Seattle hotels are unfortunately fairly expensive. And downtown is pretty far from the airport. We settled on a nice, lesser expensive hotel, near downtown, but then had to use one of the shuttle services from the airport to the hotel. The hotel then had a shuttle service that took us to the pier, $10 pp I think. I never could find a hotel that included all the transportation. Trip Advisor can give you all the hotel listings and ratings. We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn. It's listed down the page a bit on this link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60878-Seattle_Washington-Hotels.html

Edited by roger001

Seattle hotels are unfortunately fairly expensive. And downtown is pretty far from the airport. We settled on a nice, lesser expensive hotel, near downtown, but then had to use one of the shuttle services from the airport to the hotel. The hotel then had a shuttle service that took us to the pier, $10 pp I think. I never could find a hotel that included all the transportation. Trip Advisor can give you all the hotel listings and ratings. We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn. It's listed down the page a bit on this link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60878-Seattle_Washington-Hotels.html

Im checking all the suggestions. Did the shuttle charge to get you to the hotel as well? I dont mind paying reasonable transport fees but I have heard stories of people being charged up to $50 pp to be transported to the pier which I think is too much imo

Im checking all the suggestions. Did the shuttle charge to get you to the hotel as well? I dont mind paying reasonable transport fees but I have heard stories of people being charged up to $50 pp to be transported to the pier which I think is too much imo

I believe it was Shuttle Express that we used from the airport to the hotel. And then we used the same shuttle service from the dock back to the airport after the cruise. They had a shuttle booth or stand at the airport, although we did reserve on line first. Their charge was a reasonable rate based on shuttles we have used in the past at other locations. From the hotel to the dock on the morning of the cruise was a smaller shuttle service using a limo. The hotel coordinated that for us and we paid the shuttle driver. It was about what cab fare would have been. Unless you stay at one of the hotels near the airport (we stayed at the airport Embassy Suites once), I don't believe any of the downtown hotels have transportation from the airport. Might be wrong though.

Edited by roger001

I have used Uber in Seattle to travel between the airport, hotel and pier. It is very convenient.

We live near Seattle and have been on the Alaska cruise three times. A lot of the hotels near the airport offer free shuttle from airport and have a cruise shuttle as part of the package when staying there. If you go to the individual hotel website it will list a stay and cruise package. All of the major brands have hotels near the airport.

We went on our Alaskan cruise the last week of the season in September. We stayed at the Westin downtown, perfect location for exploring your evening in downtown. We used the Shuttle Express from airport to hotel, cost about $45 for me and my partner.

The day of our cruise we used a cab to the pier, which was about $20 I believe.

Hope that helpts

We live near Seattle and have been on the Alaska cruise three times. A lot of the hotels near the airport offer free shuttle from airport and have a cruise shuttle as part of the package when staying there. If you go to the individual hotel website it will list a stay and cruise package. All of the major brands have hotels near the airport.

This is what we are going to do in May. I booked the Hilton at SeaTac and it was a pre cruise package that included shuttle service to the pier. It was $141.

You're going to have a wonderful time! Hubby and I still talk about Alaska just about every week and we really want to go back once I feel safe enough to fly again.

If you don't mind not being in downtown Seattle I highly recommend Cedarbrook Lodge. It's about 3 minutes from the airport but you wouldn't know it once there as it's on wooded acres. Staff is great, food delicious and grounds are beautiful. There's a free shuttle to and from the airport but you would need to hire a car or shuttle to get to the pier. We used Seattle Express last year and at the time they charged $12 per person. You can also arrange for them to pick you up from the pier and take you to an airport area hotel or the airport. If you really want to see downtown you can do what we did - took the shuttle back from the pier, checked into our hotel and then hired a limo service to give us a tour of downtown and even had lunch at Pike Place Market. It was awesome! If I could get my photos to upload I'd add some.

So happy to hear this about Cedarbrook! Thanks for the information.

Simple, take the light rail from airport to downtown Seattle. Not sure what station to get off (think it's Pike Street) and walk to the Red Lion Inn two blocks away. We did this last year and it was perfectly located to everything we wanted to visit via walking. Hope this helps.

Me and my daughter are booked on the May 7th cruise to Alaska and we didn't know if/when we would be able to do this again. We had the same dilemma about where to stay. After reading tons of reviews on CC and trip advisor we settled on Inn at The Market. Yes, it is a little pricey but we wanted to splurge.

Prices for the pre-cruise package start at $395.00 and include town car pick up at the airport -they will meet you at baggage claim with your name on a sign. Almost as excited about the sign then I am about the cruise :p

Breakfast for two at Bacco Bistro is also included. This is the only hotel at the market place and has a roof top deck. We thought for the convenience, luxury and views it would be worth it for us.

There is a light rail from the airport into downtown...you could also use uber (app on your smartphone for peer to peer rides) use code xneos to get a free ride. They will pick you up anywhere you indicate and take you where you need to go for rates at 1/3 of a traditional taxi.

Also, if you are in Seattle for any time..do the underground tour....if you didnt know that most of the original buildings in seattle are buried up to their first floors...you will.