HELP! Hurricane Missing Person//Ocean Springs, MS

mojo4trav

We've exhausted all numbers and lists, from FEMA to MEMA, and beyond. If ANYONE has any family or friends in the Ocean Springs, MS area...I ask for your help. My grandfather, Rex Forman (80 y/o) stayed in his home located in the 2500 block of Parkwood Place (1.1 miles from the beach) and has not been heard from since the storm made landfall. He recently lost his wife of 50 years to congestive heart failure and we are very concerned for his wellbeing. If anyone knows of the conditions on his street or in his neighborhood, please send me a PM here on CC or email me at rexforman-missing(@)yahoo(.)com - please remove the () from around the punctuation before sending (spam protection).

Thank you very much!

I too hope and pray you find your grandfather safe. It is just mind-boggling that this disaster happened and is continuing to get worse and worse. How could there not have been a disaster plan in place for something that was expected to happen at some point in time just as it did. This is America and not a third world country. I just don't get it.

Maybe you can appeal to the media? CNN and MSNBC both have lists online for people to check in if they are safe or to post names and info of those missing for updates.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9159961/

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/hurricanes/list/

http://www.nokr.org/nok/restricted/home.htm

Your grandfather is not listed on the CNN site at the moment. My thoughts and prayers are with you, I hope he is safe and well.

I'm sooo sorry to hear that you haven't found your grandfather yet. I hope he is safe and sound in one of the shelters. Another list is www.craigslist.com Click on new orleans and then on lost and found for a list of names/people who can help. I read on yahoo that fats domino's family posted his name there. Hope you hear something soon. Prayers are with you and all of the Gulf Coast.

Your grandfather will be in my prayers along with the others. I get tears in my eyes each time a I watch the news. I pray for his safe return and please keep us all posted as we all want to hear the minute he is safely located.

God Bless !!!

Hope you hear some good news really soon....you're in our thoughts. I was looking at an online article from an Achorage, Alaska newspaper, and it suggested going to this website: http://www.satern.org. It is supposed to be for the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network. I have not been to the website, but you might try putting in a request there for information. Good luck and keep us posted.

My sister and her family live in Ocean Springs and they did not leave - they finally got a message out (someone had a cell phone with an out of state area code) - but I don't know anything other than that they are alive - As I try to get a hold of them - I will also ask about your family - my prayers to you. Jan

Guest OBAYbee

Archived