UDP question?

alexspepa

Hi All - haven't been on NCL since the Norway about 30 years ago - so things sure have changed!

I am trying to decide if I should purchase the UDP for our April 6 Pearl cruise - 10 days; we got the UBP as a perk. The price for the UDP is about $320 I think.

Besides the specialty restaurants cover charges are there any other food purchases that I should consider? if so what are they?

thanks in advance - I tried searching but did not find what I was looking for.

Edited by alexspepa

You could eat in a variety of specialty restaurants 7 out of 10 days, including the higher priced Cagney's at least twice, and saved money by paying as you go and not buying the UDP. I think you should list exactly which restaurants you would like to enjoy, and then add up the cover charges to see if the UDP is worth it.

Edited by LrgPizza

You could eat in a variety of specialty restaurants 7 out of 10 days, including the higher priced Cagney's at least twice, and saved money by paying as you go and not buying the UDP. I think you should list exactly which restaurants you would like to enjoy, and then add up the cover charges to see if the UDP is worth it.

Well really you could eat at specialty restaurants all 10 nights of your cruise, and in fact you could eat at the same specialty restaurant all 10 nights if that is what the OP wants.

If you plan on dining at the specialty restaurants then this is the best value.

thanks - are there ala cart items available other than the Specialty Restaurants that you have to pay for that would be covered under the UDP? for instance pastries or pizza, etc.?

Generally, all items at the specialty restaurant are included in the UDP. Extra entrees in certain venues carry an additional charge. There aer some venues that are not included, where pricing is a la carte and at which you get a discount with UDP.

If you plan on dining at the specialty restaurants then this is the best value.

My point was that it's not necessarily the best value. It totally depends on how often/which restaurants you intend on dining. To simply say, "If you plan on dining at the specialty restaurants then this is the best value" is completely false. If you plan to dine at them only 5 times, obviously it isn't the best value, right? That's why I was throwing a whole math example out there. Sorry math confuses people.

My point was that it's not necessarily the best value. It totally depends on how often/which restaurants you intend on dining. To simply say, "If you plan on dining at the specialty restaurants then this is the best value" is completely false. If you plan to dine at them only 5 times, obviously it isn't the best value, right? That's why I was throwing a whole math example out there. Sorry math confuses people.

I don't think it is math, I think it is reading comprehension. I knew exactly what you were trying to say. Too many people on here do not read and understand what they have read, they then either do not answer the question at all or argue a point that does not need to be argued.

If you are on a 10 say cruise and only plan on eating in a specialty restaurant 7 nights, then it is cheaper to just pay the cover. same as a 7 day and eating in specialty 5 times.

I know exactly what you were trying to say, I just disagree with you, and simple math like you are doing does not confuse me in the least.

For this OP IMO it is a good deal and they should take advantage of the availability and avoid the main dining rooms.