Where do the HAL tenders dock in Sitka?

shrimp56

We're on the Kobe/Vancouver Volendam repositioning voyage and Sitka is listed as a tender port for us. Does anyone know where the tenders dock in Sitka? Thanks in advance!

(I looked at the Ports of Call forum and nothing popped, except restaurant recommendations in Seattle.)

If you go to Cruisin(dot)me and click on the webcam link, there is a drop-down list for Alaska cams. Click on Sitka south view. From what I remember the ship is usually docked right in the harbor in view of this building. I think it was just a short walk up the hill into town.

My experience is that they usually send the tender boats to the dock at O'Connell Bridge.

Thank you! That works fine. We can start with the Cathedral, wander to the museum, then to the totems, or walk out and work our way back :)

Thank you! That works fine. We can start with the Cathedral, wander to the museum, then to the totems, or walk out and work our way back :)

There is a drug store just beyond the Russian Orthodox Cathedral that has a soda fountain and they make chocolate sodas the old fashion way the way the made them when I was a boy and a teenager.

There is a drug store just beyond the Russian Orthodox Cathedral that has a soda fountain and they make chocolate sodas the old fashion way the way the made them when I was a boy and a teenager.

My husband thanks you:) Thanks to everyone for such great information :)

My experience is that they usually send the tender boats to the dock at O'Connell Bridge.

On my last trip to Sitka we used the Crescent Harbor spot. It was actually pretty good there, as there was shade/shelter for us when we had to line up to go back to the ship.

On my last trip to Sitka we used the Crescent Harbor spot. It was actually pretty good there, as there was shade/shelter for us when we had to line up to go back to the ship.

That works too! Anyone ever eaten at Little Tokyo? Or have a place to recommend for an early lunch?

There is a short 1 mile or so walk to town from where the tenders drop you off. There is also a free shuttle service that takes you into town. We found the most marvelous cemetery while walking around town that a Russian princess is buried in. If you can handle the walk, it is #C and #D on this map link. The people of Sitka are very warm and welcoming since there aren't many ships that come there.

http://www.sitkahistory.org/docs/SitkaHistoricSiteMap.pdf