Picture of Ncl Sky Suite, not on sky, where is it?

Hawaii_Flyer

So Ncl just posted a page about the sky being voted the best short cruise. On the page about half way down is a picture of an awesome suite balcony, But as far as I can tell this cabin is NOT on the sky, not even close. I chatted with an NCL representative who said that yes that is the sky owners suite, cat SB. Am I loosing my mind?

I can't find this suite on any of the ships

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky is the web page, Sorry I don't know how to add pictures

This kind of bait and switch makes me wonder if I should cruise with them again. I like to know what I am getting. kind of like the fact that the forward facing suite on the breakaway still says "Get a birds-eye-view of the amazing vistas ahead from your floor to ceiling windows" we can all look at that ship and know that the only thing facing forward is a small round porthole.

Thanks

From the picture, it looks more like the best suite on the SUN, not the SKY.

Note the glass doors, not just one set.

That seems to match the good suites (2 of them, one on each side, forward) on the Sun.

And these do have a private hot tub, too.

Just a thought...

GeezerCouple

So Ncl just posted a page about the sky being voted the best short cruise. On the page about half way down is a picture of an awesome suite balcony, But as far as I can tell this cabin is NOT on the sky, not even close. I chatted with an NCL representative who said that yes that is the sky owners suite, cat SB. Am I loosing my mind?

I can't find this suite on any of the ships

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky is the web page, Sorry I don't know how to add pictures

This kind of bait and switch makes me wonder if I should cruise with them again. I like to know what I am getting. kind of like the fact that the forward facing suite on the breakaway still says "Get a birds-eye-view of the amazing vistas ahead from your floor to ceiling windows" we can all look at that ship and know that the only thing facing forward is a small round porthole.

Thanks

And I'm guessing you know that the only porthole view is from the bedroom. The floor to ceiling views are on the corners with the balcony which of course face forward. They are described as corners viewing forward. Hardly bait and switch.

• 2 weeks later...
This looks like the Sky OS. I was in 8001 I think that was it, its the one with the larger hot tub. The picture just looks more vibrant than the actual furnishings lol [ATTACH]340990[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all your responses. I have watched a lot of you tube videos and couldn't see how that picture was taken on the sky. Maybe some kind of fish eye lens

Thanks,

I think that is from the Sun.

The Sky does have hot tub suites , but the hubtub is from the railing.

As I mentioned above, this is our thinking too.

It's a combination of the Hot Tub, the size of the balcony, the shape of the balcony, AND the amount of glass doors/windows facing mostly forward, etc.

See the two big suites on the SUN.

That's our vote, from what is shown.

GeezerCouple

As I mentioned above, this is our thinking too.

It's a combination of the Hot Tub, the size of the balcony, the shape of the balcony, AND the amount of glass doors/windows facing mostly forward, etc.

See the two big suites on the SUN.

That's our vote, from what is shown.

GeezerCouple

One of the 2 big suites you're talking about on the Sun is called the "Sky Suite". Cabin 8203. I'd bet that's the picture you're talking about and someone messed up when putting that as a picture of a suite on the Sky.

One of the 2 big suites you're talking about on the Sun is called the "Sky Suite". Cabin 8203. I'd bet that's the picture you're talking about and someone messed up when putting that as a picture of a suite on the Sky.

Nope.

It is on Deck 11.

Suite 1003 is called the "Star Suite"; Suite 1203 is called the "NCL Suite".

(The numbers are a bit odd on that ship, that deck.)

From the placement of the Hot Tub, per the Deck Plans, the balcony shown is from Suite 1203.

However, another diagram shows the Hot Tub on the other side, which would make it Suite 1003.

Also look at all the glass doors facing forward.

There aren't any other suites on any other NCL ships that have this particular configuration and balcony, as far as we know.

IF there is, we'd LOVE to know, as this is a wonderful suite :)

We are looking forward to it for Alaska, with the panoramic views and the balcony.

(The Dawn DOS suites have even more spectacular/wider views, with all floor to ceiling windows, but NO balcony.)

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple