Cruises out of San Juan in 2016???

Dirkgun

I was wondering if anyone knows why there are no cruises showing from San Juan after april of 2016? Looking for May or June for a possible cruise there. I know the Liberty will be moving but I would think they will need to have a ship there??? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Because Carnival hasn't posted those itineraries, along with most other itineraries for their entire fleet, past April 2016. Just a handful of ships have been posted so far.

OK thanks for the replies. I wondered if it was just that simple.... but then I saw on one of the port scheduling sites that San Juan has absolutely no ships scheduled for the month of may.... We are thinking of going for my 50th B day in the end of may 2016. Just worried that maybe they were doing some work or something on the pier???

Thanks again for the reassurance.

I agree, too early yet. Likely you can expect the same itinerary that they're currently offering, it hasn't changed for several years now. Only question will be which ship is sailing on it. You may have a positioning cruise available, though I don't think they typically happen in May.

With that being said, I've done the Carnival SJU itinerary twice and am doing it a third time (exact same itinerary) this coming November. Needless to say we love the ports it goes to. While it's a busy week, you sure get to see a lot and we can't wait to head back :) enjoy!

I agree, too early yet. Likely you can expect the same itinerary that they're currently offering, it hasn't changed for several years now. Only question will be which ship is sailing on it. You may have a positioning cruise available, though I don't think they typically happen in May.

With that being said, I've done the Carnival SJU itinerary twice and am doing it a third time (exact same itinerary) this coming November. Needless to say we love the ports it goes to. While it's a busy week, you sure get to see a lot and we can't wait to head back :) enjoy!

Look at the 11 day Glory out of San Juan for a unique Carnival itinerary:

2/2/2016 San Juan, Puerto Rico ---- 10:00 PM

2/3/2016 St. Croix 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/4/2016 St. Maarten, NA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/5/2016 Dominica 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/6/2016 Grenada 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/7/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/8/2016 Bonaire 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/9/2016 Aruba 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/10/2016 Curacao 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/11/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/12/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/13/2016 Miami, FL

Maybe you can get something similar for your time frame in May? I am actually combining this with a Jan 23 Glory out of Miami, eastern itinerary for a 21 day escape from the NY winter.

Edited by evandbob

Yeah hopefully they don't change it... we have also done that itinerary 3 times now including just last January. Love it, that is why I was shocked to see nothing on the carnival site. I know we booked our last one close to 2 years out.

Look at the 11 day Glory out of San Juan for a unique Carnival itinerary:

2/2/2016 San Juan, Puerto Rico ---- 10:00 PM

2/3/2016 St. Croix 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/4/2016 St. Maarten, NA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/5/2016 Dominica 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/6/2016 Grenada 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/7/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/8/2016 Bonaire 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/9/2016 Aruba 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/10/2016 Curacao 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

2/11/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/12/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/13/2016 Miami, FL

Maybe you can get something similar for your time frame in May? I am actually combining this with a Jan 23 Glory out of Miami, eastern itinerary for a 21 day escape from the NY winter.

Yeah a repo cruise would be fun and that one does hit some good islands. We will have to see what might be available then. Hopefully they will post the schedules soon.