Hotel in Miami

BrPanthers99

Hi, Nita:

I read some reviews that said they felt "unsafe " at the Embassy Suites at the airport as the neighborhood is "dicey". We usually love these hotels because they have the breakfast and the reception- perfect pre-cruise. Did you feel that way? We need to. Stay 2 nights..haven't flown in to MIA in many years..

Thanks

Not Nita here. :rolleyes: I've never stayed at this property, but I did look it up on Google StreetView, and I wasn't impressed at all with the neighborhood. I don't know if I would be 'scared' to stay there, but we don't bother with rental cars, and there appears to be NOTHING within walking distance- and no sign of sidewalks.

We are staying at Hampton Inn & Suites at Brickell. Great reviews on Trip Advisor. Lots of restaurants and places for shopping nearby. Total price for 2 for 2 nights was $533.80. This includes a free drink on arrival and breakfast. You can get there using the metrorail from the airport for around $2.50 each or you can take a taxi. They offer a shuttle to the port or you can take the free metromover to Bayside and get a taxi from there :)

We loved the Hampton on Brickell- took a car service from FLL to the hotel, went out for dinner and water shopping, the next morning the concierge called us a van-taxi and off to the ship!

We will be returning a rental car this year as the kids are college touring before the cruise. A recent review shows a metro rail type train that will take us from airport to the hotel area.

Might just stick with Hampton!

Annmeat - We stayed at Embassy Suites Airport Miami the last time we cruised out of Miami (we usually do so if there's an ES between the airport and cruise terminal). We normally fly out early morning (around 6am) the day before our cruise and arrive at the port city between 4pm and 6pm - so essentially we travel most of the day prior to cruising. We like to go straight to our hotel, have drinks, dinner and relax on site, get a good nights sleep followed by the free breakfast, then be rested and on the ship for lunch. It is true that there are not good safe places to walk around this hotel, but if you stay onsite you do feel safe and we had all the amenities onsite we needed. The restaurant down in the courtyard was quite good. We ate steak and seafood once we were ready for food after the free 2 hour (beer, wine, cocktails) managers reception. It was simple and cheap to arrive and leave by cab, but they did offer a shuttle to the cruise port if you wanted to wait on others.

We will be booking there again for December 2016 as we prepare for a Panama Canal Cruise! The value is always too good for us to pass up! We do recommend!