Could Someone From Ocean Springs, Ms Help Us???

I don't know where else to ask except on this board. I know this is trivial compared to what's going on with the people in New Orleans - MS - ALA but...my sister just moved to Oceans Springs MS in July. She's in Atlanta and would like to know what happened to her house. If there's anyone who could check her address and let us know we would appreciate it. She's displaced like everyone else and devastated. The not knowing what's left if anything is really hard on her. She can't even get back to sift through the rubble (she has a 5 mo. old and a 2 1/2 yr old) before more rain comes or whatever.

My email address is jjwooten2@msn.com. It may be a couple of days before I reply if anyone can help us.

You never understand watching these kind of catastrophe's just how bad it is until someone you know and love is involved.

My family thanks ya'll.

Guest OBAYbee
I'm not certain how often the satellite photos are updated but try looking on googleearth.com and type in her address. You may be able to tell if the house is still standing. Just a thought.

You were actually on to something.

Google earth IS posting updated images of the Mississippi coast and Lousiana. The latest was yesterday.

Try here:

http://earth.google.com/

I am guessing if you put your address in and it wasn't the Gulf Coast as did the poster from Massachusetts, then for sure they will be outdated.

However, Katrina photos are not outdated.

Dear TigerLily,

Your request is not trivial at all. Ocean Springs got hit by the worst part of the strom and is in very bad shape. I do hope your sisters house remains. Ocean Springs does not have electricity, water or land line phones. Cell phone service was restored this morning (at least for some). I have a friend there that was able to call for the 1st time this morning. Until the phone rang this morning, we did not know if he and his sister made it through the storm.

Good news, the National Guard is there (Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport) and able to get food and water to survivors.

For up to the minute info on Ocean Springs click this link. It's Ocean springs and Gulfports local news station.

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=3782622&nav=6DJHduXE

If you click on any of there Playlist articles it will pull up thier video player. When the video player is up, scroll till you find "Ocean Springs front beach damage" and you'll see a video of the Ocean Springs area. Be prepared, it's devastated.

TigerLily, send me a private email through CC if you have other questions. Good luck to your sister. I am just happy that she was able to get out.

Tracey

Try this:

I heard from Travis again. If you are looking for information about someone in the Ocean Springs area notify him via the e address in post 1 of this thread. Mojos brother is now in Ocean Springs. He will ask his brother to try and find them.

You can also access www.sunherald.com for updates.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=226337&page=1&pp=25

My sister lives in Ocean Springs and their house is still standing, but others were not as fortunate - My neice decided to return home from college today to be with the rest of the family - She waited in line for 7 hours to get gas - and she is bringing other kids from school who have not yet heard from their parents - don't know what they will find. Unbelievably sad. If you let me know the area or address perhaps I can find out information. Jan

Archived