category XC vs 1B

WillWorkForCruise121

We are currently booked in cabin 9221 on Silhouette. This is category 1B on the flat side of the hump. Currently we have the bev. package and $190 OBC.

We have the option for $300 to upgrade to category XC. We would receive $300 more in OBC plus paid gratuities. Is it worth giving up a good cabin location for this? seems to make sense, but I don't know how poor of a cabin location we could end up with in a GTY.

Any thoughts or advice?

I would look at all the available concierge rooms and see if you would be happy with any of them. If you wouldn't, then I'd stay where you are.

You will get an upgraded breakfast menu and upgraded towels, robes, etc in the concierge cabin. So if that is important to you (the breakfast is to me), then that might sway you in that direction.

I believe, although I hope other will correct me if I am wrong, that once your cabin is assigned that you should be able to switch it with any other available cabin in that category.

I would look at all the available concierge rooms and see if you would be happy with any of them. If you wouldn't, then I'd stay where you are.

You will get an upgraded breakfast menu and upgraded towels, robes, etc in the concierge cabin. So if that is important to you (the breakfast is to me), then that might sway you in that direction.

I believe, although I hope other will correct me if I am wrong, that once your cabin is assigned that you should be able to switch it with any other available cabin in that category.

this is good advice. I am only concerned that we end up in a cabin all the way fwd. I have never stayed in an all the way fwd cabin but I definitely notice more motion on the ship when we are in venues all the way forward

We were in 6103 on Reflection - the second cabin from the front. And honestly, the location didn't both me. We had issues with noise from the surf hitting the ship and I wouldn't book that far aft on a lower deck again, but I don't think you would have this issue on deck 11.

If you will use the OBC and don't mind spending the addition 300.00, then I would go for it. We love breakfast on the balcony and the upgraded menu is nice. I think I have a copy of the most recent menus, I'll post them if I can find them.

We were in 6103 on Reflection - the second cabin from the front. And honestly, the location didn't both me. We had issues with noise from the surf hitting the ship and I wouldn't book that far aft on a lower deck again, but I don't think you would have this issue on deck 11.

If you will use the OBC and don't mind spending the addition 300.00, then I would go for it. We love breakfast on the balcony and the upgraded menu is nice. I think I have a copy of the most recent menus, I'll post them if I can find them.

awesome, thanks for being so helpful. I think we had planned on trying at least 2-3 different specialty restaurants and upgrading our bev package. that alone would use most all of it. Really, money-wise it's a total wash with the exception of paid gratuties since we'll be paying $300 more and getting $300 back in OBC.

WillWorkForCruise

We just upgraded right before the final pay date to XC. There were many Concierge cabins available and we were assigned a C1. I asked my travel agent to move us to another C1 location I preferred. You can move cabins within the same category.

Terry

I checked and it looks there are 4 C3 cabins left, 5 C2 cabins and 5 C1 cabins....

I don't know if that means I'll be most likely assigned to a C3 cabin since there are some that remain, or to a C1 or C2 since there are slightly more of them available at this point.

I have to wait till Monday for some reason (they can't move my reservation without having it unlocked by the revenue dept???) They reserved my spot as a XC and at the current pricing, I just have to call back tomorrow.

Brandon:

Yes, you will most likely receive a C3.

We recently booked an XC on Equinox, as I felt there are no bad C3's. We got our cabin assignment, and were pretty far aft (fine with me), but I checked availability, and was able to move us forward a bit. Happy w/ price and location!

I checked and it looks there are 4 C3 cabins left, 5 C2 cabins and 5 C1 cabins....

I don't know if that means I'll be most likely assigned to a C3 cabin since there are some that remain, or to a C1 or C2 since there are slightly more of them available at this point.

I have to wait till Monday for some reason (they can't move my reservation without having it unlocked by the revenue dept???) They reserved my spot as a XC and at the current pricing, I just have to call back tomorrow.

Brandon, my count on cabins from a site that lists more available for the March 22 sailing is: C3 - 20, C2 - 18 & C1 - 10.

what site do you use? I was just checking on Celebrity.com and clicking on "all available cabins in this category". I guess it doesn't show them all...It didn't seem like many to me.

I would try a google search "cruise ship available cabins" and "sea" what comes up.

I believe these are fairly recent breakfast menus.

Didn't want to quote your whole post, but definitely wanted to give you a big THANK YOU. We're sailing Concierge next month after a two year cruising hiatus (moving to Canada is expensive, who knew...) and seeing this just brought a huge smile to my face. :D