Paddington station to Moreton in marsh

SAS21

My family of 4 is looking into tours of the Cotswolds. The tour operator is located outside of London and wants us to take the train from Paddington to Moreton.

Where we are from there are no trains and we don't use public transportation. Therefore, I need details on how I purchase tickets and whatever other info I may need for this train ride. Are there plenty stairs , is it a long walk in the terminal, etc.?

We are staying in London in the Mayfair area, so we would probably take a taxi to Paddington. After that I am lost as to what to do.

Thanks

Trains to Moreton in the Marsh do indeed go out of Paddington Station and the journey takes just over an hour and a half.

National Rail enquiries will give you all the information you need on timings

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

The easiest was to book train tickets is online and collect them from a machine at the station before you travel but this may be a problem if you don't have a "chip and pin" credit card. Online booking gives you the opportunity to take advantage of early booking deals although you should be aware these are usually tickets for a specific train. Anytime tickets are more expensive but give greater flexibility and can be bought from the station on the day.

Information on Paddington station

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/PAD/details.html

Good luck

This is the line I use on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis :) It really is very simple, but I understand it is a bit daunting if you have never done it.

What time do you need to meet your tour guide and on what day of the week? With these details I'll give you a detailed walk through :)

But for now, just to say there are never any Advance fares on this line, so it makes no difference buying ahead of time. The fare will depend entirely on what time/day you are traveling.

By the way, it is absolutely what I recommend for day tours of the Cotswolds - as the old British Rail adverts used to say, 'let the train take the strain'!

Catching a train is pretty much the same as catching a bus. You buy your ticket at the station, check what platform it will leave from - Paddington is a terminus (end of the line) and get on the train when it arrives.

There are sometimes first and second class carriages and first is probably not worth the extra (The Eagle will advise). If you are second class, do not sit in first or you will have to pay.

All the stations have big signs with their names on and you can watch your progress on a map if you have one. All the platforms are pretty level with the doors of the carriage so no steps there, although there can be a gap on curved stations.