Getting a drink when boarding Quantum

Treacher1

From what I read on these boards, you don't get your sea pass card till you get to your cabin - they are there. Since cabins are usually not open till after 1 - must you pay for a drink at lunch before 1 even if you have a drink package since you will not have your sea pass card to show you have a drink package? Just wondering how that would work? Or can I show an email receipt for package to get a drink? Thanks

From what I read on these boards, you don't get your sea pass card till you get to your cabin - they are there. Since cabins are usually not open till after 1 - must you pay for a drink at lunch before 1 even if you have a drink package since you will not have your sea pass card to show you have a drink package? Just wondering how that would work? Or can I show an email receipt for package to get a drink? Thanks

How do you get in your room without a key?

Thanks - that makes sense - probably on the bar code that we have package!

And to the other person questioning my question - on the Quantum you do not get your card at check in - it is on the door of your cabin - and that often doesn't open till around 1

So, if you sat up by the pool lounging (or were a bit late boarding) until 3pm... anyone in your hallway could enter your room until your first visit? You could have sail-away gifts or anything in there, right?

Edited by poncho1973

So, if you sat up by the pool lounging (or were a bit late boarding) until 3pm... anyone in your hallway could enter your room until your first visit? You could have sail-away gifts or anything in there, right?

I was going to ask the same thing - how is this okay? What is stopping anyone from coming into your room before you get there?

I was going to ask the same thing - how is this okay? What is stopping anyone from coming into your room before you get there?

The cameras in the corridors and throughout the rest of the ship. They are watching. You've been warned!

Edited by Phoenix1949

• 2 weeks later...
The card is inside a sealed envelope. So either the envelope is missing from your door or you see that the envelope has been opened. In both cases I´d suggest to call a cabin attendent or Guest Relations.

steamboats

I love visiting guest relations on the first day!

It's really not a big deal. As mentioned there are cameras everywhere and the Seapass is in a sealed envelope. If someone is so desperate to steal my Diamond "gift" they can have it. Since you haven't entered the room there is likely little of value. Sure a bottle of wine or some such thing, but someone would have to search a lot of rooms or get really lucky to find something worth getting kicked off the ship for. Besides, luggage is left unattended in hallways for hours with no one worrying about it.

Then again, someone could simply walk down the hall and tear open envelopes and switch keys around. But most people have more important things to do on the ship than messing with people and trying to get thrown off. Drinking comes to mind! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk