Best Balcony room

lucymay519

I will be sailing in Feb. 2016 and need to select a balcony cabin. I have never sailed Carnival before so I could use some advise on cabin selection.

I would like to be able to choose one instead of having them assign one. A balcony is a definate and it will be my 1st balcony experience. Anyone have a favorite on this ship?

Everyone has their favorite location. We love our balconies. I always look for one that has staterooms above and below. Two below the lido is ideal for me. Quick trip up/down the stairs for snacks and drinks. I also like to be close to the stairs but to reduce foot traffic slightly aft of the aft elevators. This area has served me well.

Another point of note might be to view the floor plan and be sure you don't have a steward closet or crew door to storage near your cabin as these areas are used almost 24 hours per day. (just look for the grey areas on the deck plan)

If you are prone to motion sickness and are sailing on a Dream class ship coves are a good option. Lower in the ship means less motion however some of the coves are under the galley. Galley is another area that has a high level of noise and is active at all hours.

Welcome to Carnival. I hope you have a wonderful cruise experience.

Rena921 mentioned the premium vista aft wrap balcony as her favorite. It costs a few more bucks than your regular balcony cabin but for many cruisers it is well worth the extra money.

To see a great video of that cabin and its amazing balcony, go to Youtube and type in a search for "conquest aft wrap balcony." Then, click on that video done by Jim Zimmerlin on the 8455 Conquest aft wrap. He sold me; I've booked the same cabin on the Glory, the Conquest's sister ship.

Oh! A word of caution... From what I've read, once you book that kind of cabin you might end up addicted to those aft wraps. It might spoil me, but I'm willing to chance the addiction. :D Happy cabin hunting!

Rena921 mentioned the premium vista aft wrap balcony as her favorite. It costs a few more bucks than your regular balcony cabin but for many cruisers it is well worth the extra money.

To see a great video of that cabin and its amazing balcony, go to Youtube and type in a search for "conquest aft wrap balcony." Then, click on that video done by Jim Zimmerlin on the 8455 Conquest aft wrap. He sold me; I've booked the same cabin on the Glory, the Conquest's sister ship.

Oh! A word of caution... From what I've read, once you book that kind of cabin you might end up addicted to those aft wraps. It might spoil me, but I'm willing to chance the addiction. :D Happy cabin hunting!

It really is hard to do a regular balcony after an aft wrap! Another option is the large balconies on the side of the aft wraps.

Book early enough and you will have a larger choice of balcony rooms. You can select your own instead of being assigned one. Some cheapest rate plans don't allow selection, but they are cheaper.

If you try a mock booking on carnival website you can see which rooms are available.

Aft and aft wrap balconies are the best! Great for entertaining!

BlueGoldMacawwindow.jpg

MarknPalmbalcony.jpg

GL!

Edited by oomwizard

We love the "L-shaped" balconies on the Conquest class ships. The beds face the windows, and you can lie there just watching the ocean rush by. The balcony is to die for- twice the size of a regular balcony, for the same price of a regular balcony cabin. You may have to give up the sofa on some ships, but we feel it is a fair trade-off. I would go for one one the empress deck, so you won't hear chairs scrapping above you if you are on deck 8 and won't hear the lounge under you if you are on deck 6.