Guarantee Cabins

lhsail

I totally understand the concept of booking a guarantee, we've done it several times. But am a "newbie" with NCL as we just completed our first cruise with them since the mid-80s. Anyone have any experience with booking guarantee cabins on NCL when two couples are traveling together? I assume they can mark the reservations to reflect that you're traveling together, but what are the chances with NCL that you'll end up with cabins close together?

I totally understand the concept of booking a guarantee, we've done it several times. But am a "newbie" with NCL as we just completed our first cruise with them since the mid-80s. Anyone have any experience with booking guarantee cabins on NCL when two couples are traveling together? I assume they can mark the reservations to reflect that you're traveling together, but what are the chances with NCL that you'll end up with cabins close together?

If you care about the cabin location, then do NOT book a "guarantee".

It IS that simple.

And if you want to be near your friends, then you DO care about the location.

They offer a lower rate for a "guarantee" so they can "put you anyplace" (subject to the same or better cabin category).

So they are likely to "fill in" wherever they have empty cabins left.

GeezerCouple

We booked 2 guarantee cabins with a travel agent 50 days out to sailing. We asked our ta to link the reservations. We were assigned within 5 days to side by side cabins.

I don't know if it always works out, but it does happen.

Good luck with your gty.

It might vary with the ship & how far out you are booking the cruise - when we did the POA a few years ago with 3 GTY oceanview cabins, our reservations were linked by NCL (call in to request, NOT done on line or have TA do it if booked via them) and we're assigned several weeks before our sailing - staterooms that're down the same side/corridor & deck, 2 almost next to each other and ours being further apart.

But, it's just a intercom (room-to-room) call away - don't expect a connecting room to be assigned.

Last year on the Breakaway, 3 GTY and NCL linked our reservations - our requests/preference noted and assigned about 4 weeks out - balcony on deck 8 starboard, inside on deck 11 portside an inside on deck 13 starboard, at least all AFT as it's a long walk. We just setup designated meeting time & public location on where to wait/meet; or, call via room-to-room intercom with last minute changes in plans, etc. Even the "regular" balcony cabins aren't exactly visitors friendly to hangout with only one stool inside & 2 chairs on the tiny balcony.

Just booked, call yourself & if via TA, call via them into NCL and request them to link the reservations and note your preference - there's no promises or guarantees, as it's supposingly computer-assigned but if you both booked & made final payment as the same time ... fingers crossed. Good luck on those randomized odds.

Edited by mking8288