Seattle - Looking for cheap hotel near cruise port

webzila

I am looking for some cheap hotels / motels near the Bell St. cruise terminal in Seattle. We just need to spend 1 night there before the cruise so I am looking for the cheapest place to stay in the area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated because I am not familiar with the Seattle area and the cruise port at all there.

No such thing as a cheap hotel in downtown Seattle, especially not on the waterfront by Pier 66. Use expedia or some similar site to look at hotel prices. The cheapest place to stay downtown is the Green Tortoise Hostel.

Cheaper than downtown is the Seattle Center/Space Needle area.

The cheapest place to stay is by the airport. And if you stay at a partner hotel with Seattle Express shuttle service they will take you downtown for $12pp. ie Sleep Inn, LaQuinta.

Thanks for the response. The part about SeaTec airport hotels was my next question. There are a bunch of cheap Inn's around the airport for example Days Inn (19015 Intl Blvd S) or Ramada Limited (13900 International Blvd)

Approx how much would it cost to go there from the airport and then from the Inn to the port?

I can't tell if these places offer the express shuttle you mentioned.

Thanks for the response. The part about SeaTec airport hotels was my next question. There are a bunch of cheap Inn's around the airport for example Days Inn (19015 Intl Blvd S) or Ramada Limited (13900 International Blvd)

Approx how much would it cost to go there from the airport and then from the Inn to the port?

Nearly every SeaTac hotel has a free shuttle to/from the airport.

The Seattle Express web site lists all the hotels they partner with for the $12 ride to the pier.

I live in SeaTac so I know the area. The Ramada Limited is about as far north as I'd go for a hotel on International Boulevard. There are cheaper hotels north of Hwy 518 (around 152nd Street--the street numbers get smaller as you go north), but you do NOT want to stay in them.

Of the two, I would choose the Day's Inn--that's actually where we put my mother and elderly aunts when they came to visit. It's nice enough for the price, and the neighborhood, while not upscale, is a little better than north of the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in SeaTac so I know the area. The Ramada Limited is about as far north as I'd go for a hotel on International Boulevard. There are cheaper hotels north of Hwy 518 (around 152nd Street--the street numbers get smaller as you go north), but you do NOT want to stay in them.

Of the two, I would choose the Day's Inn--that's actually where we put my mother and elderly aunts when they came to visit. It's nice enough for the price, and the neighborhood, while not upscale, is a little better than north of the airport.

I booked a room at the Day's Inn. Our flight doesn't land until 6pm and by the time we get out luggage and get to the hotel it will be later. Is there a good place to eat within walking distance or at the hotel. We have two kids so " safe for Mom and elderly aunts" is the perfect endorsement for me!

Thanks for the hotel tip!

I know the airport area is cheap however its devoid of any character or a variety of restaraunts. You may also want to look at hotels near Southcenter mall in Tukwila.

seattlesouthside.com

shows hotels with transportation.