$50 deposit sale?

crazytrain486

anyone know when or if Carnival will be having the $50 deposit sale again? looking to book for next February and there are 5 of us. The $50 deposit is really easy on the wallet

You just missed it by a few weeks, i have noticed that most of the reduced deposit sales are close to the end of the month, my pvp said it's a certain quota they need to fill each month not sure if that's true or not.

I don't remember a $50 deposit recently. I thought it was a 50% off deposit. If you know you want to book a cruise soon just start saving for it. You are going to have to pay for it anyway.

It was the last week of January, actually it was $49pp deposit

anyone know when or if Carnival will be having the $50 deposit sale again? looking to book for next February and there are 5 of us. The $50 deposit is really easy on the wallet

My friends and I benefitted greatly from the $50 deposit/payoff 30 days before you sail, sale last year....so I was in the hunt for it again this year. My pvp told me that she wasn't sure when Carnival would do it again because last year, so many people booked the sale because the deposit was so cheap, but didn't follow through, and cancelled their reservation. I didn't see the sale one through in January, but last week they JUST ended their $99 deposit/payoff 30 days before you sail...so I ended up settling for that one

Hope that helps!

I don't remember a $50 deposit recently. I thought it was a 50% off deposit. If you know you want to book a cruise soon just start saving for it. You are going to have to pay for it anyway.

There was a $50 deposit sale. Then there was one where the final payment was due 30 days from sailing. And another $99 deposit sale, which was $50 pp based on double occupancy so the same difference.

Coming up with a small deposit is alot easier - especially for longer cruises - than the regular deposit amount all at once. Of course you have to eventually pay for it anyway, but getting your deposit paid locks in your date. You can go ahead and start planning....for time off....budget out the cost, etc.

I checked a few minutes ago Carnival just started the 50% reduced deposits on early saver bookings OP. Maybe you can make that work.

There was a $50 deposit sale. Then there was one where the final payment was due 30 days from sailing. And another $99 deposit sale, which was $50 pp based on double occupancy so the same difference.

Coming up with a small deposit is alot easier - especially for longer cruises - than the regular deposit amount all at once. Of course you have to eventually pay for it anyway, but getting your deposit paid locks in your date. You can go ahead and start planning....for time off....budget out the cost, etc.

I checked a few minutes ago Carnival just started the 50% reduced deposits on early saver bookings OP. Maybe you can make that work.

Very well said.

I don't know how much deposits usually are, but last week when I booked my Alaskan cruise my PVP told me my deposit was only $100 for both of us while I decided if the date worked. Granted it was a pack and play offer where the $100 for the cabin is given back as OBC, I still thought a deposit had to be a certain amount of money for certain length cruises.

I usually just save up and pay for the cruise when I can afford it so I'm not to familar with deposits for cruises, but like I said this one just threw me off when she called randomly to let me know I have a free cabin to Alaska and that I had to put down $100 to hold the cabin for me while I checked on the date.

Not seeing this anywhere. Where did you find the 50% reduced deposit for ES? Can't find it on their website.

EDIT: I found it. It doesn't make a lot of sense though. On Carnival it says on cruises through July 2015 but on goccl.com it states on cruises through April 2016. Why would it not be the same on Carnival site as on goccl?

Is it only for cruises 8 days and shorter? Looking at the 10 and 11 day cruises. The deposit on those are I believe $400 pp and since doing a 10 and 11 day b2b it would be $1600 up front. I prefer to book now but I am not giving Carnival $1600 to keep for a year. Big difference between reserving with a $500 deposit total than $1600.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Not seeing this anywhere. Where did you find the 50% reduced deposit for ES? Can't find it on their website.

EDIT: I found it. It doesn't make a lot of sense though. On Carnival it says on cruises through July 2015 but on goccl.com it states on cruises through April 2016. Why would it not be the same on Carnival site as on goccl?

Is it only for cruises 8 days and shorter? Looking at the 10 and 11 day cruises. The deposit on those are I believe $400 pp and since doing a 10 and 11 day b2b it would be $1600 up front. I prefer to book now but I am not giving Carnival $1600 to keep for a year. Big difference between reserving with a $500 deposit total than $1600.

Looks like there's two early saver rates going on now. One called "early saver last call" and it only goes to July. Then regular early saver beyond July into 2016. Both have the 50% reduced deposits. I'm learning that these promos take a few hours to get right on Carnival's page.

Looks like there's two early saver rates going on now. One called "early saver last call" and it only goes to July. Then regular early saver beyond July into 2016. Both have the 50% reduced deposits. I'm learning that these promos take a few hours to get right on Carnival's page.

Still not seeing the one ES that is reduced deposit until April 2016 on Carnivals site.

This is what goccl shows...not finding it on carnival website

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/EarlySaver_consumer.ashx

Plan ahead with the Early Saver and Early Saver Last Call Sale! Book now through Saturday, February 28th and you will receive 50% reduced deposits on Early Saver sailings between May 2015 through

April 2016.

Ready2cruzagain,

I totally don't know how to do a screen shot, but if you do a mock booking for sometime after July, 2015, you should see this early saver rate pop up. The early saver last call is for dates between now and July. This came up as an option for my August sailing:

THIS EARLY SAVER RATE INCLUDES

50% per person non-refundable reduced deposit

Price Protection

Choose your stateroom location

Offer expires February 28, 2015 EST

Disclaimer

50% per person non-refundable deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. Future cruise credit must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. No name changes are allowed. Offer is applicable on sailings between April 2015 and April 2016. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia and Alaska & 9 + day sailings. Offer ends on February 28, 2015 EST. Click here for complete terms and conditions.

CLOSE

Ready2cruzagain,

I totally don't know how to do a screen shot, but if you do a mock booking for sometime after July, 2015, you should see this early saver rate pop up. The early saver last call is for dates between now and July. This came up as an option for my August sailing:

THIS EARLY SAVER RATE INCLUDES

50% per person non-refundable reduced deposit

Price Protection

Offer expires February 28, 2015 EST

Disclaimer

50% per person non-refundable deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. Future cruise credit must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. No name changes are allowed. Offer is applicable on sailings between April 2015 and April 2016. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia and Alaska & 9 + day sailings. Offer ends on February 28, 2015 EST. Click here for complete terms and conditions.

CLOSE

:mad::mad:It must not be for the 10 and 11 day cruises because when I do a mock booking for them, here is what I get:

HERE ARE SOME GREAT DEALS FOR YOU

EARLY SAVER

Price Protection

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$719.00

avg. per person

SELECT

FUN SELECT

2 Category Upgrade

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$859.00

avg. per person

SELECT

PAST GUEST OFFER WITH 2-CATEGORY UPGRADE

2 Category Upgrade

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$739.00

avg. per person

SELECT

MILITARY

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$719.00

avg. per person

SELECT

Just a reminder that if you book a cruise with a reduced deposit and later request a price drop, your full deposit will be needed (unless of course a reduced deposit is still offered).

Thanks for the reminder, I definitely wouldn't forgot that one! I just want to book now but hate giving them $1600 to hold for me for a year! But, I guess that is what I have to do. I just wish the deposit wasn't so much on a longer cruise.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I can verify it's on cruises through at least March 2016 because I booked mine this morning (7 night on the Valor).

Edited by Out to sea!

I booked end of January and got the $49 PP deposit for a NYE cruise. My final payment isn't due until October. That sale ended and then I saw the "no final pay until 30 days prior" sale. So I check it out and it wasn't good that far out.

Not sure I am going to do the NYE, but for $99 who cares? I got the cabin I wanted and the date I wanted.

The low deposit sale is good if you don't have the funds for the up front deposit. But in the long run, you pay more for the cruise as the fare goes up. At any one time, carnival has 5 to 10 different fare codes, full deposit cruises are always cheaper when the run the low deposit fares.

To pay less, I recommend to start saving now so you have the full deposit when your ready to book. Enjoy your cruise. :)

The current early saver promo only goes to April, 2016.

As far as reduced deposit bookings ultimately costing more, I totally disagree per my own experience and current booking, which was initially booked under a reduced deposit well in advance. We've since paid the full deposit and haven't missed out on any price reductions. As a matter fact, I just got another one on Friday. My current sailing did not increase in price today even though new bookings can still be made under reduced deposit early saver promo.