Vision of the Seas November 2015

paphoslady

Recently booked our 3rd cruise with Royal on Vision of the Seas in November 2015 - so excited!!! Ports of call are Roatan, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.. Thinking about shore excursions, would like to do ATV, swim with dolphins and Mayan ruins, any advice about which ports would be the best to do these activities would be much appreciated.

In Cozumel don't want to go on the ferry to the mainland as I get rather sick on small boats!!

A group of us used Victor Bodden Tours in Roatan. Hired a private driver who was wonderful. Took us wherever we wanted and was full of suggestions. Driver's name was Tex. He even went inside the grocery store with us as we wanted to purchase coffee to make sure we were safe and secure. We wanted beach time and snorkeling as well as getting local flavor and Tex exceeded our wishes.

Did a tour of ruins at Belize. We were on NCl Dawn and did a ship sponsored tour as you are pretty far out there and did not want to worry about missing the ship.

In Costa Maya we booked an all inclusive day at Maya Chan. Included drinks snorkeling, all kinds of beach activity, our own private palapa, lunch and wonderful hosts and service. Would consider this cruise just to go back to Maya Chan

Recently booked our 3rd cruise with Royal on Vision of the Seas in November 2015 - so excited!!! Ports of call are Roatan, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.. Thinking about shore excursions, would like to do ATV, swim with dolphins and Mayan ruins, any advice about which ports would be the best to do these activities would be much appreciated.

In Cozumel don't want to go on the ferry to the mainland as I get rather sick on small boats!!

We did the ferry in Coz about 5 years ago. OMG! Horrible. We have since renamed the ferry 'barf rocket'. We knew it was going to be bad as soon as we saw garbage pails in the aisles and 5 minutes out, they were handing everyone plastic bags.

A group of us used Victor Bodden Tours in Roatan. Hired a private driver who was wonderful. Took us wherever we wanted and was full of suggestions. Driver's name was Tex. He even went inside the grocery store with us as we wanted to purchase coffee to make sure we were safe and secure. We wanted beach time and snorkeling as well as getting local flavor and Tex exceeded our wishes.

Did a tour of ruins at Belize. We were on NCl Dawn and did a ship sponsored tour as you are pretty far out there and did not want to worry about missing the ship.

In Costa Maya we booked an all inclusive day at Maya Chan. Included drinks snorkeling, all kinds of beach activity, our own private palapa, lunch and wonderful hosts and service. Would consider this cruise just to go back to Maya Chan

Great to know. We're booked with Tex at Bodden tours for next April.

Thanx

Erika

Many thanks for your recommendations, I will take a look at these. Belize, we may have to stay on the ship.

Cozumel, won't be going on the ferry. Thinking of either an ATV tour to jade caverns or a Segway tour. Never been on a Segway before so that looks fun. We had a great time in Hawaii on an ATV adventure so that's an option too!!

Roatan I would suggest Little French Key.

Cozumel I would do the Dolphins and then maybe do Nachi CoCom later in the day for lunch drinks hanging out.