Shuffleboard?

Wendy&Grumpy

I participated in a shuffleboard tournament once within the past couple of years - I can't recall which NCL ship it was though. And to be honest, we didn't actually make the minimum number of people to hold it at all, but since we were there we decided to play anyway for fun. There was a father/son team who were amazingly good at shuffleboard, so after the first couple of rounds they split into separate teams just to make it more fair. It was a lot of fun, so it's a shame it doesn't generate more interest.

My DD always loves playing with the shuffleboard since she was 3. She would look for it every cruise.

We don't know the rules but she likes pushing the "round things". We would always give way if we see others waiting to play since we were just messing around. :D

On the Breakaway, our balcony overlooks the shuffleboard. The ship probably has just one or two. It was always busy so we only play around 9AM when other people are probably still asleep or having their breakfast.

We saw a lot of people playing shuffleboard on the Jewel in January. I noticed they have the rules posted on the wall next to the courts. For example, if a disc (?) is on a line, it doesn't count. It has to be completely in the area. I didn't know that.

It's hard to get a chance to play because often there are little kids who don't know what they are doing just shoving things around. Anyone serious in playing usually gives up.

My cabin was a few decks above this. When I saw that grown ups were wanting to play - I'd just empty my ice bucket on the kids. Worked like a charm. ;)

We've now been on 16 cruises and have seen shuffleboards on every ship we've been on... yet we've never actually seen anyone playing!

Do people actually play or is the board just considered a cool addition to an otherwise empty deck area?!

It's a fun game me and my five year old play a lot as well as table tennis and quoits