Marco Polo or Treviso

pseudoware

Marco Polo or Treviso, which airport is best (shortest, easiest, most accessible, flight availability, etc), in general, for cruising to/from Venice?

Also, for that airport, what is a reasonable flight departure time if planning to fly out on the same day as disembarkation? The "earliest" flight time that would be considered do-able, all things considered. Thank you.

It takes twice as long to get to Treviso (one hour) vs. Marco Polo (thirty minutes). However, once there Treviso is much smaller and easier to navigate so that's something to consider. Marco Polo is one of the most disorganized airports I've ever used (and that list include Cairo which was a real mess).

LOL Euro Cruiser. So why don't you tell us how you really feel about Venice's Marco Polo airport? But seriously, we do agree that it is among the worst in Western Europe although we have quite a few on our "worst" list. My favorite Marco Polo moment was arriving at the airport about 5 am for a 7:30 flight to find the airline(USAIR) counter closed and just about everything else closed. They finally opened about 6:10!

Hank

I've only flown through there twice, once at 6:55 AM and the other at 2 PM. Both were completely painless, baffling me as to why everyone complains so much. But neither were on a day we disembarked from a cruise, must be worse one those days. The last time, after all these dire warnings, we got there WAY too early and sat at the gate for about two hours. . .i guess we have just been lucky!