How has cabin mate match worked out for you on official singles cruise

uncleg

Looking into official singles cruise, they are more costly if you want a cabin to yourself, but about the same if you get get a cabin mate assignment. I'm getting tired of paying full price for a cabin for one and getting nothing extra for my buck. Seems that paying same amount and sharing a cabin you get all the extra activities of the singles group.

My question is for those who have tried the cabin mate assignments...How did that work for you?

I've not done the room mate thing since college, so I want to know what others first hand experiences have been.

So I have been on 2 hosted singles cruises. First one I was matched up with another woman a couple years older then me. She was a bit of a challenge. She brought enough clothes for a 30 day cruise on our 7 day cruise but still washed the clothes she wore by hand in the bathroom and draped them all over the cabin to dry, even on my bed! We didn't click but the cruise was still great fun as I hung out with others from the singles group. I spent very little time in our cabin, and she did move her clothes off my bed when I came back to sleep at night. Second singles cruise my cabin mate was my adult daughter and we had a blast with the singles group on a Halloween cruise.

However, I am not afraid of a challenge, and if the situation arose again I would do the match thing again. Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...
So I have been on 2 hosted singles cruises. First one I was matched up with another woman a couple years older then me. She was a bit of a challenge. She brought enough clothes for a 30 day cruise on our 7 day cruise but still washed the clothes she wore by hand in the bathroom and draped them all over the cabin to dry, even on my bed! We didn't click but the cruise was still great fun as I hung out with others from the singles group. I spent very little time in our cabin, and she did move her clothes off my bed when I came back to sleep at night. Second singles cruise my cabin mate was my adult daughter and we had a blast with the singles group on a Halloween cruise.

However, I am not afraid of a challenge, and if the situation arose again I would do the match thing again. Go for it!

Yamaha Dancer,

May I ask who, if either of you used the safe in the cabin for your valuables/money?. I always leave my purse passport extra money etc locked in the safe and would not want someone I didn't know having access to it.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

We both used the safe with a combination we agreed on. No problems in that regard. Since the identity of your cabin mate is well know by the company supporting the singles group I think having a cabin mate steal from you would be a low risk.

I've been on two singles cruises, with each of the major singles cruise companies. I get my own cabin because I have no desire to share those tiny rooms with strangers. On both cruises there was major roommate drama, resulting in a few people being put on the "do not match" list. I felt really sorry for one woman - it was her first cruise and her roommate was super nasty.

That said, I know there are people who have good experiences with their roommate match. It's just not for me. Too risky.