Detained in Security for Mistaking Wine or Champagne Opener for Pliers

Metrokane Rabbit Champagne Pliers, Velvet Gray

We had the opener in a ziploc w/our bottle stopper. When we told them it was a champagne opener, they let us go w/o opening the suitcase. But this happened in San Francisco and Baltimore.

Opening champagne w/o these is impossible for us.

Makes sense. My arthritis gets to the point some days where my hands don't cooperate at all, so I can see where these would come in handy. May have to order one, thanks.

I asked this same question here on CC last June. My suitcase went to the naughty room because I had a pair of wire snips, about 5" long (blades less than an inch long). The exact snips we have taken on at least 12 RCI cruises, probably more, without a problem. They kept calling them "pliers" and the word pliers was on my receipt. I tried to tell them they weren't pliers but they wouldn't let have them back until the end of the cruise.

It seems no one here on CC really knows why pliers are bad on a ship, when anyone who really wanted to could find more destructive tools on the ship itself....don't need to bring them with you.

Weird, but we will switch to fingernail clippers in the future. :)

They are technically correct, in that what you had were "wire cutting pliers". :D