Is Oceania right for us

bluesifi

My wife and I did a Mediterranean cruise on Oceania at the age of 45. We didn't feel out of place at all. There were lots of people older than us, but quite a few younger than us as well. Some children, but well-behaved and not disruptive. If you're looking for top-flight entertainment or dancing til the wee hours, you won't find it on Oceania. But you will find smaller ships, great food, interesting port choices, etc. At this point, I don't think we'd cruise any other line.

We love Oceania because of the variety of restaurants.

We have previously done about 13 on Celebrity and about 10 on Royal Caribbean. We prefer Oceania for the beauty and the food. We love port intensive cruises, so this is also what Oceania offers.

On one of our recent cruises on Crystal they had to airlift or remove two of the passengers who suffered strokes or heart attacks...that MAY be old...when I looked around there were a lot of people on oxygen. I don't see that on Oceania...I mean a lot.

We may be "old" but I don't think that way...we have recently done a safari which is grueling and we walk miles every day. I guess we manage to preserve ourselves. Most of the people we have talked to on Oceania are well traveled and interesting.

This is really different from our Celebrity and Royal Caribbean experiences and I think you sound like you would like it.

LeeAnne

Hope you enjoy your first O cruise and stick around the board.

Love your attitude and good common sense.:)

Garsh, thanks!

Y'know I used to be quite an active participant on Cruise Critic (as evidenced by my thousands of posts) but I quit for a long time due to some...ahem...unpleasant interactions with heavy-handed moderators. But I'd forgotten how much fun this is. And I met some of my favorite people through CruiseCritic - a few I remain friends with many years after our cruise.

I started a roll call for my cruise, and I hope in the coming months we get a nice group together. Meanwhile, I'm so excited about this upcoming cruise that methinks you're stuck with me for a while. :D And then, of course, afterwards I'll have to come in and relive the whole thing by posting my detailed review...