recent thoughts and opinions of the Westerdam

natski

We are alike then Joanie

We loved the ship Zuiderdam, had some issues with crew but in there defence I think we were told that it was only there second cruise togeather as a team

We would go on it again

The Noordam was wonderful , we did a 10 day southern ( 25th aniv ) 3 years or so ago zero complaints on that cruise , everyone seemed to know it was our 25th and we were treated like royality was truly memory filled .

I awoke to this flashing on my screen this morning

Extreme Cold Warning

Issued at 4:51 a.m. EST Friday 27 February 2015

Summary

A period of very cold wind chills is expected. Yet another frigid Arctic airmass will combine with light to moderate winds to produce wind chill values between minus 35 and minus 40 this morning. Wind chills will improve later this morning as temperatures rise under the strengthening late February sun.

So were very ready for this one lol

We are alike then Joanie

We loved the ship Zuiderdam, had some issues with crew but in there defence I think we were told that it was only there second cruise togeather as a team

We would go on it again

The Noordam was wonderful , we did a 10 day southern ( 25th aniv ) 3 years or so ago zero complaints on that cruise , everyone seemed to know it was our 25th and we were treated like royality was truly memory filled .

I awoke to this flashing on my screen this morning

Extreme Cold Warning

Issued at 4:51 a.m. EST Friday 27 February 2015

Summary

A period of very cold wind chills is expected. Yet another frigid Arctic airmass will combine with light to moderate winds to produce wind chill values between minus 35 and minus 40 this morning. Wind chills will improve later this morning as temperatures rise under the strengthening late February sun.

So were very ready for this one lol

Couple of things............

First off YIKES!!!!! Weather in your part of Canada looks to be more than I could take!! I love snow, but the cold.....No Way Jose!!!

I woke to snow and was shocked!! Not because we had snow, but because for once our weather men/women were right in predicting we, here in the Albuquerque Metro area, actually got some:) We are in the High Desert so we do get snow, but it usually by passes my area of the city. Hopefully the predictions of 4-8 inches will also be true:)

Noordam we have been on before and I liked her. Cannot say I loved her but think that might be because it was a Partial Panama Canal cruise during an extremely hot and humid time of the year. I do not do well in hot and humid. The heat, I'm afraid colored my feelings for her.... But as you can see we are giving her a shot in much much cooler climes:)

OK, back to Westerdam.... Any questions we can answer about her just holler and I hope those who've been on her can do our best to answer:)

Joanie

Yes can get cool here , snow not to bad this year so far maybe 2 1/2 ft so far but has been a very cold winter those temps I posted have been normal this winter for us (Northern Ontario Canada close to Quebec boarder) hard to believe it gets over 100 in Aug , and like you I do not do well in HUMID weather hate it feel like a sweating blob lol

We have 5 dogs here 6 1/2 acres for them to run about on , 1 Siberian Husky , 1 Malamute Husky, 2 Old English bulldogs and 1 King Corso . NONE wanted to stay out long this morning at all !!

Yes another question , as you could imagine I am a early riser due to my four legged friends , On westerdam where would you send Me for a great cup of coffee ? My prettyone loves to do the laundry on our cruises ( press sheets on the bed ) I get up and hit the Balcony to see the sun come up , room service would be disturb her laundry practice so thinking of finding a place with a good cup of JOE .

We everyday have Breakfast on the deck here or on a ship ( well sept days like today ) so room service gets a workout with us on cruises

Any idea,s for a good cuppa Joe early in the Morning ?

Yes can get cool here , snow not to bad this year so far maybe 2 1/2 ft so far but has been a very cold winter those temps I posted have been normal this winter for us (Northern Ontario Canada close to Quebec boarder) hard to believe it gets over 100 in Aug , and like you I do not do well in HUMID weather hate it feel like a sweating blob lol

We have 5 dogs here 6 1/2 acres for them to run about on , 1 Siberian Husky , 1 Malamute Husky, 2 Old English bulldogs and 1 King Corso . NONE wanted to stay out long this morning at all !!

Yes another question , as you could imagine I am a early riser due to my four legged friends , On westerdam where would you send Me for a great cup of coffee ? My prettyone loves to do the laundry on our cruises ( press sheets on the bed ) I get up and hit the Balcony to see the sun come up , room service would be disturb her laundry practice so thinking of finding a place with a good cup of JOE .

We everyday have Breakfast on the deck here or on a ship ( well sept days like today ) so room service gets a workout with us on cruises

Go to the Explorer's Cafe (in the Crows nest area of Deck 10). Sheena there will make you a great cup. Tell her Mr. Dave said hello!

You can do as DaveOKC suggests or a couple of other ideas would be:

Lido Buffet has 2 Drinks stations with Coffee 24/7. You can go up there, grab a cup or two of Joe ar do what do, bring a 4 cup Insulated thermos Thermos-230001C-Stainless-Steel-Insulated-Food-Jar--24-oz.jpg.0c1c4930dfcf6f01f2093cf5b482f6aa.jpg Which hubby fills up at night just before he heads off to bed so that when I wake in the very very early hours (2-4 am) I can head out to our verandah/balcony to enjoy my coffee, a cigarette and the beautiful views as the world passes me by:)

Joanie

Women after My own Heart and a Great Hubby

Will see id there is room in the suitcase for a thermos, probably not but I can carry cups ok , well depends what I was up to the night before maybe also .

Thanks