Carnival Gift Cards

Fins33

I just noticed that our local grocery store is selling Carnival gift cards. Does anyone know if these can be applied to the sail and sign account? If so, do you need to present them upon boarding the ship?

Any information would be appreciated! :)

You can go to Guest Services or use the kiosk and just swipe them to add to your account. I am hoping to find some in my area so that I can purchase them and stockpile them away for our cruise. The kiosk are great! I used them a lot on board the ship. You can add money, check balances, get change. Much easier than the Guest Services lines!

I got them before and got extra savings on fuel like others mentioned. It was no problem applying them to our account.

Extra bonus - the cruise was a Christmas gift and the gift cards were an excellent way to delivery the surprise.

I just noticed that our local grocery store is selling Carnival gift cards. Does anyone know if these can be applied to the sail and sign account? If so, do you need to present them upon boarding the ship?

Any information would be appreciated! :)

I bought gift cards as well (love the fuel perks) and paid for the entire cruise by using the gift cards. The site allows you to apply them toward payments for the cruise, however i tried using it to purchase items like room decorations and such from the fun shops but it does not give an option to use the gift cards that way. I am also hoping that i will be able to use the balance of what i currently have on a gift card toward the sail and sign when i get to the ship. I was thinking about purchasing a few more to take on the ship but was concerned that I wouldnt be able to use them.

I bought gift cards as well (love the fuel perks) and paid for the entire cruise by using the gift cards. The site allows you to apply them toward payments for the cruise, however i tried using it to purchase items like room decorations and such from the fun shops but it does not give an option to use the gift cards that way. I am also hoping that i will be able to use the balance of what i currently have on a gift card toward the sail and sign when i get to the ship. I was thinking about purchasing a few more to take on the ship but was concerned that I wouldnt be able to use them.

Yep I buy them to use on my sign and sail account. All you need to do is go to Guest Services or the Kiosk and have them (or you do it yourself at kiosk) apply to your account.

Tam

Our local grocery store also sells fuel. With every $50 gift card you buy, you recieve $.10 a gallon of fuel. During Christmas, they give you .$20 off for every $50 gift card. So I buy gift cards and make payments on the crusie. That equals big money for us ! ! !

I just did the same thing! I lost my debit card and had to make the payment on two of my upcoming cruises so I went to look where the GC's are sold and when I told my mom what I was doing she told me I should get a fuel perks card to get the rewards back. After buying all the gift cards I needed I now have $1.50 off per gallon next time I need gas. I think I may get more for the actual cruises to use for my Sail and Sign account. It's getting free gas for something I was already going to pay for! I'm very happy my mom told me about this and it's one of the many reasons why I love my mom and am bringing her on a cruise this mothers day to show my love and appreciation(also bringing dad on cruise for fathers day. I couldn't leave him out because he is loved and appreciated too, plus he gets jealous and I'd never hear the end of it. Gotta love dad!)

Yes if you have a Kroger grocery in your area. This Friday sat and sun you get 4 times points for amount of gift cards sold. If you buy $500 worth you get 2000 points that's 2.00 off gas. Can only use 1.00 at a time but I'm buying Sunday- new month and I can use my points till the end of April!

Can you use the EGift cards at the kiosks ? Or only at guest services

Yes you can..we've done that several times on past cruises, will be doing so again next month. Just need to have the egift card number and pin, and you just input the numbers at the kiosk.

Yes if you have a Kroger grocery in your area. This Friday sat and sun you get 4 times points for amount of gift cards sold. If you buy $500 worth you get 2000 points that's 2.00 off gas. Can only use 1.00 at a time but I'm buying Sunday- new month and I can use my points till the end of April!

Its nice here in Florida you can use as much as you have. If you have $2.50 off a gallon and gas is $2.399 they will take the $2.39 and let you keep the $0.11 and all you have to pay is the $0.009 cents a gallon because you cant technically get free gas. That's how my mom and the lady who worked at Winn Dixie both explained it to me. Its only up to 20 gallons though. Still free tank plus can fill up the gas can for the mower. If i didn't like publix so much I would start shopping there for groceries

• 3 weeks later...
I too would be interested to know if you can use gift cards to pay for a cruise if you are going through a travel agent. Anyone else ever do this?

YES you can use them if you are booked through a TA. Almost every payment on my current booking has been made using gift cards. The ones purchased through Verizon.