Royal Caribbean's Next Oasis-Class Cruise Ship to Feature Neighborhoods, Waterslides,

LauraS

Check out the latest Royal Caribbean News from Cruise Critic:

Royal Caribbean's Next Oasis-Class Cruise Ship to Feature Neighborhoods, Waterslides, Bionic Bar

Doesn't current Oasis class ships feature neighbourhoods? They make it sound as though its a whole new feature. Or am I missing something here?

Even money says at least one of the big girls, and it will probably be Harmony, will end up in the Asian/Pacific market.

I highly doubt Harmony will go to Asia. Waterslides just scream Florida and the Caribbean. Plus, the competition have been pumping new ships into the Florida market recently, but Royal hasn't had a new build in Florida since 2010.

My personal opinion is that you won't see an Oasis Class ship in Asia until Oasis 4 comes, but we'll see. If one does go over there, my guess is that it will be the original Oasis. Royal already pissed off everyone in the US when they sent Quantum to Asia. They won't send another new build over there.

I highly doubt Harmony will go to Asia. Waterslides just scream Florida and the Caribbean. Plus, the competition have been pumping new ships into the Florida market recently, but Royal hasn't had a new build in Florida since 2010.

My personal opinion is that you won't see an Oasis Class ship in Asia until Oasis 4 comes, but we'll see. If one does go over there, my guess is that it will be the original Oasis. Royal already pissed off everyone in the US when they sent Quantum to Asia. They won't send another new build over there.

I tend to agree with you that Harmony of the Seas will remain in the United States, and in the Florida market. I highly doubt though at any point in time Royal will have 3 Oasis class ships operating in the US. I think it's more likely once Harmony comes out either Oasis or Allure heads over to Europe and/or Asian markets. Eventually you'll likely have two U.S. based Oasis Class ships and one in Asia and one in Europe.

I tend to agree with you that Harmony of the Seas will remain in the United States, and in the Florida market. I highly doubt though at any point in time Royal will have 3 Oasis class ships operating in the US. I think it's more likely once Harmony comes out either Oasis or Allure heads over to Europe and/or Asian markets. Eventually you'll likely have two U.S. based Oasis Class ships and one in Asia and one in Europe.

Well according to Royal's Norway FB page, Harmony will be based in Barcelona summer 2016 (However, that info has now been removed). So my guess is one Oasis class year round in Fort Lauderdale, one year round in Canaveral, and one seasonally in Fort Lauderdale. And then one going to Asia when Oasis 4 comes out. However, maybe one could go to Asia earlier and there will be only two Oasis class ships in Florida. We'll find out soon enough...

I read that as well about Barcelona being Harmony OTS home port for the summer. That's not unusual considering the ship will be on that side of the world anyway. Too bad it likely will be sailing those same two boring Eastern and Western itineraries out of FL... yawn

I'd love to see an Oasis Class ship come out of New York during the Summer.

They could replace Quantum class during the Summer and then put lady Anthem back in New York for the colder months.

My next wish would be for Harmony to be the first ship for Royal to visit Cuba.

What an amazing stop that would be.

Now that the US and Cuba have agreed to open tourism and commerce, this would be an amazing cruise!

I read that as well about Barcelona being Harmony OTS home port for the summer. That's not unusual considering the ship will be on that side of the world anyway. Too bad it likely will be sailing those same two boring Eastern and Western itineraries out of FL... yawn

YES! I thought I was the only one! The reason I haven't been able to convince some family members to sail on Oasis yet is because of the boring itinerary! We have been to Cozumel, Falmouth and Labadee a thousand times, mix it up! I know that Oasis class is limited by size as to where they can go, but surely they can find a way!

YES! I thought I was the only one! The reason I haven't been able to convince some family members to sail on Oasis yet is because of the boring itinerary! We have been to Cozumel, Falmouth and Labadee a thousand times, mix it up! I know that Oasis class is limited by size as to where they can go, but surely they can find a way!

Look at it this way: you have been to those ports many times and don't need to get off...spend your time on the ship. It will take at least a week to see and do everything.

Everything depends on what RCI has planned for oasis 4. Possibly oasis 4 can have certain amenities that allow for it's home port to be in Asia. Just like we saw in the quantum class with enclosed decks with seaplex and indoor pool. IMO I believe that we could see possibly enclosed solarium, indoor pool.

The slides on the new oasis 3 and the statements made for why they called it harmony ( saying it was a compromise of other styles) for me is a way of RCI to attract more customers in the US specifically families that have chosen other companies due to slides and the visual attractions it brings. I've seen in other RCI ships after renovations to include a slide. We might be seeing a change of construction of ships with slides.

Does anyone think ovation will have. Slide if Florida were to be it's home port?

Everything depends on what RCI has planned for oasis 4. Possibly oasis 4 can have certain amenities that allow for it's home port to be in Asia. Just like we saw in the quantum class with enclosed decks with seaplex and indoor pool. IMO I believe that we could see possibly enclosed solarium, indoor pool.

The slides on the new oasis 3 and the statements made for why they called it harmony ( saying it was a compromise of other styles) for me is a way of RCI to attract more customers in the US specifically families that have chosen other companies due to slides and the visual attractions it brings. I've seen in other RCI ships after renovations to include a slide. We might be seeing a change of construction of ships with slides.

Does anyone think ovation will have. Slide if Florida were to be it's home port?

I think quantum class ships might be too small to add slides as big as those on Harmony. They look like they take tons of space seeing as they circle round and round as what they said "over a span of three decks!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at it this way: you have been to those ports many times and don't need to get off...spend your time on the ship. It will take at least a week to see and do everything.

We did Allure a couple years ago and never saw half the ship