How rough-smooth are the waters in the Baltic likely to be?

We are booked on the Grand Princess Aug 7 from Copenhagen. We are traveling with 3 children so the only room balcony room we could get that had a nearby inside stateroom (for the boys) was a forward cabin on the Dolphin Deck (actually the 3rd from the front). I am hoping that the waters are not too choppy and I won't be miserable up there. The last time we sailed it was a carribean cruise and we were near the aft and did not get sea sick (however when we got home I must admit my house felt like it was moving for days!). I was actually looking forward to being in front and being able to see where we are going. Any input? Thanks

Thank you both for your input. Since we are leaving from Copenhagen we won't experience that stretch in the North sea from England. We actually almost booked the Celebrity cruise from Dover. We loved our cruise on the Millenium and the Celebrity cruise was 14 days vs 10 days (I would have loved those extra 4 days) but the timing was better for the Princess cruise. We have many visitors from the US coming to Switzerland this summer and we are trying to squeeze in this cruise between visitors and the start of school. I have heard mixed reviews on Princess...but I do think they have lots to do for the kids onboard.

Thanks again for you input. I am much relieve to hear it won't be too choppy.

Grand Princess Aug 7 2004

Millenium Jan 2003

There were no issues on our cruise last year on the Dream and it is a smaller ship than G.P. I believe. You will really enjoy this cruise

Jim

Norwegian Dream April 2003

CONSTELLATION BALTIC CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

soon to be on board .Thats the life

Constellation MAY 22ND 2004

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Asherren

Together with our friends, we will be with you this August. Each family has 2 13 year old and 2 12 year old children, which I believe is similar to your 2 older children.

We were on the sister ship Golden Princess last year and we all had a great time. I would recommend personal choice dining, it worked really well for us. Please let me know if I can help with any specific questions you may have about Princess...we could use e mails if you like.

Hope to see you on board!!

kool kruiser

Nice to know that there are other kids onboard...I was beginning to wonder when I hadn't heard of anybody else. My boys are 13 and 11 now...but will be 12 and 14 by the time of the cruise (June and July birthdays). I also have a 5 year old daughter. I am hoping that my 12 yera old can go into the teen room with his brother...but if not, at least I know there are 2 other 12 years olds that he can hang out with in his age group. I think it is bracketed ages 8-12 and if it was all 8 year olds he would probably not be a happy camper.

I would love to know the ins and outs of princess. We have not sailed with them before. I have just booked my airline tickets and hotel for Copenhagen.

Please feel free to email me off the board.

Thanks,

Anne

Celebrity Millenium 1/26/2003

Grand Princess Baltic 8/7/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;7;22;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Dear Anne

Sorry to be stupid but how do I find your email address? Can you help please?

Unfortunately, your 12 year old will not be able to be with the teens. Don't worry, my daughter was 11 (birthday March) last August and had the same problem. She simply mixed with those of her own age and had a great time.She is now 12 and has no worries in being in the same age range this year, even though she is a year older. By the way, our friend's 12 year old is a boy so yours will not be alone.The two 13 year olds are both boys and they are both 14 in August, so they should get on fine with your oldest.Your 5 year old will also have a great time...I remember well when my daughter cruised at that age.

Look forward to hearing further from you.

Folks,

Cruise Critic used to allow members to post e-mail addresses in their profile. That practice has been suspended. If you want to e-mail each other one of you will have to post on the board. BTW we're doing 7 days CPH-CPH on Seven Seas Voyager, 13-20 August. Really hope all ou you enjoy your cruises.

Greg

USNA72

kool kruiser,

Sorry, I thought you could send an email by clicking on my profile. My email address is

asherren@aol.com

Sounds great that the kids are all about the same age. My oldest will turn 14 in July, so he is about the same age as the others boys. Maybe they could correspond on email a bit before the cruise.

My younger one is disappointed that he cant go in the teen room, but very happy to know that other 12 year olds will be in with him also. He has also promised to stay in the smaller room with my youngest until she is comfortable - she is a bit nervous about going to the princess club. I know once she gets in there she will have a good time. Do you think they will allow that?

Hope to hear from others with kids also.

We are on the dolphin deck - very forward.

Where is your cabin?

Anne

Celebrity Millenium 1/26/2003

Grand Princess Baltic 8/7/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;7;22;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Archived